Lost two pounds But.....

Options
I finally lost two pounds last week and I have wanted to binge this week. Its been so hard. How do you guys get through that kind of thing?:ohwell:

Replies

• JenniferMann24
    Options
    I finally lost two pounds last week and I have wanted to binge this week. Its been so hard. How do you guys get through that kind of thing?:ohwell:
  • clewliss
    clewliss Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Find a good hobby that can take your mind off the binging! I have been known to just bite the bullet and binge one meal (not the whole day) just to satisfy my mind and then it was easier to stay on track, but that's just me. I'm not saying you should do that,:ohwell: :wink: but if you have fought it all week, maybe you just need to have a melt-down with your mind made up that as soon as you eat whatever it is you are wanting to binge on, that you are going to have that moment behind you and move on!
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    do a neighbor hood clean up. Sometimes a few times a week, my family and I go for a walk around the neighbor hood and pick up trash and recycle it...
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    I have that problem too. I find I can go maybe a week... two if im lucky and then I feel the binge coming on! Its almost like im doing so well I just need to destroy myself! When I feel it coming on I will occupy my mind. Do anything not to think about it, drink lots of water, and exercise a lot. Exercise allows you to eat more cals and I find after I exercise Im not hungry. Like Clewliss said, have a junky MEAL not day. That helps too. It wont affect your weight. It may raise you for one day, but thats about it. It wont slow you down. My pastor just taught me this week how to avoid temptation:

#1-Stop
    #2-Pray
    #3- Flee

I was doing the stop and pray, but I never did flee. hahaha But that little formula works if you do all of it! I hope that helped. :smile:
  • kcking_mi
    Options
    When I first started losing, I just made sure that I had lots of sugar free popcicles on hand. Not a great choice, but it satisfied my need for something.... but they do get boring, so I have the sugar/fat free foods to get me by and I am doing good....

Best to you, it is hard but you can do it.!
  • cherapple
    cherapple Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    I agree with the hobby -- something that occupies your mind and especially your hands, like knitting or crochet. Once you get going on a project, you always want to do "just one more row," and it's hard to put it down, even to eat. The computer also keeps me occupied. There are always a gazillion things to do on the Internet, of course. Start a blog, or join another community in which you can meet more people who share your interests. Find some kind of hobby that makes you more obsessed with it than with food. :love: :smile:
  • judianna
    Options
    I love it! Stop...Pray..Flee... I am totally adopting that mantra! Thank you!!!
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    I suck on a piece of sugar free candy and make sure that I don't bite it until it's too small. that always seems to help because it takes a long time to dissolve. I like that werthers sugar free coffee ones they are only like 6 calories or something like that. other ones that are good are th mint chocolate chip baskin robbins sugar free candies they are 10 calories for one or crystal light sugar free candies those are a couple. Sugar is my weakness and these help.

Good Luck!!