Rut

Options
I have been stuck in a food consumption rut lately and I think it is the reason I am not loosing weight at the rate I'd like.
I stay within my MFP calorie allotment daily and work out 5-6X week for an hour at a time (2 days weights w/ trainer, 3 days aerobics, 90 min Yoga) and I am NOT loosing weight. Here is what I am doing food-wise:
I eat like a HORSE (600-700 cals) 2 hours after my early morning work-out and then little snacks, again staying within calorie allotment until around 7pm. Could this be why I am not shedding the pounds like I'd like?
I am loving how i feel strength-wise and yes, my clothes do fit better (even went down a cup size :), but dang, I am working so hard, here...I am getting discouraged.
Thoughts?

Replies

• susangilbert
    Options
    I have been stuck in a food consumption rut lately and I think it is the reason I am not loosing weight at the rate I'd like.
    I stay within my MFP calorie allotment daily and work out 5-6X week for an hour at a time (2 days weights w/ trainer, 3 days aerobics, 90 min Yoga) and I am NOT loosing weight. Here is what I am doing food-wise:
    I eat like a HORSE (600-700 cals) 2 hours after my early morning work-out and then little snacks, again staying within calorie allotment until around 7pm. Could this be why I am not shedding the pounds like I'd like?
    I am loving how i feel strength-wise and yes, my clothes do fit better (even went down a cup size :), but dang, I am working so hard, here...I am getting discouraged.
    Thoughts?
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    If your clothes fit better, don't worry about the scale. So much can affect it that it's really not worth watching most of the time. Keep in mind that, although yoga is challenging, since it's not aerobic, it won't burn many calories--caloric consumption is correlated with oxygen consumption. Weight lifting doesn't either, simply for the fact that a set takes about 15 seconds and then we rest for 30-45...so half the time we're "lifting" we're actually resting. Even though you're spending a lot of time in the gym--and it's great that you are--you may not be burning several hundreds of calories. The way we consume our food has very, very little to do with fat gain/loss if we're in a caloric deficit.
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    your clothes fitting better is the first GOOD sign. Go with that and the scales will eventually move. DO NOT be discouraged. Your exercise routine looks awesome. Just keep at it! :happy: