Newbie from PA

Hi! I'm Pam from bucks county PA. I am 41 and feeling the metabolism slow down. Uggg. Prior to this year, I could put myself on a diet and lose a few pounds in a week. This summer I am trying different things and I am stagnant. I am working out a lot so perhaps I am building muscle. . . still want to see the scale move. Anyway, I just started this three days ago and love it; it's just like weight watchers online program (which I did a few years ago). Still don't see the scale move yet, but I love how this makes you keep honest about what you are eating; and it is motivating me to work out more. I just want to loose 10 - 15 lbs and stay healthy. Anyway, I am looking for find things that work for others on here... recipes and moral support! :) Good luck to everyone!

Replies

• Diana35bha
    Diana35bha Posts: 292 Member
    Welcome Pam

Plenty of friends here to help support & motivate, just grab yourself some to share your journey

Good Luck

Di :smile:
  • springtrio
    springtrio Posts: 429 Member
    Hi there! I'm from PA, too (although on the other side - suburb outside of Pittsburgh). Although, I can't relate with the age issue - I'm just going to be 29 later this year I've always had a slow metabolism and always have been the slightly bigger than most women even when I was at a healthy weight. You'll love it here - MFP has been the only thing that has kept me honest and on track. :)
  • shapestocome
    shapestocome Posts: 399 Member
    Welcome Pam -- I am from Northeast PA. You will find a lot of support and motivation on this site. Feel free to add me as a friend. Good luck -- you can do this!
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Pam, I've been here just under 3 months now and I absolutely love love love it! I never did WW Online - but I did their regular program 10 years ago... I too find this similar because of the wonderful people, but it stops there because I can just consider calories without have to do abstract math to figure out if it is worth eating something (points)... although, after a year on WW I could guestimate pretty close the number of points by looking at the nutrition panel. But, when I was faced with the new Points Plus program I was disheartened because that would mean hours in the grocery store trying to figure out if something was worth buying... or if making something that sounded delicious was going to be worth it because of the size of the portion versus the number of points.

In any case, I'm here in York County PA - just down the road a bit... feel free to add me as a friend! Good luck to you!
  • bluevwgurl
    bluevwgurl Posts: 220 Member
    Hi Pam! I'm a Pennsylvanian too! (just north of pittsburgh).

You'll do great here! Dont get too caught up in the number on the scale...loose fitting clothes tell a much better story than a number on the scale!

Good luck!!!
  • HankFit247
    HankFit247 Posts: 139
    Pam,

Welcome!

We're all here to provide assistance and support. Just let me know how I can be of personal assistance.

Hank
  • missdeehere
    missdeehere Posts: 420 Member
    Hey Pam, I too am from PA. Way over on the Southwestern Pa side. Somerset County to be exact, near Flight 93!! I did WW online before and really like the tools here much better. I was so focused on POINTS thatI really forgot about the other Nutriants!! BTW, You know you can change them in your Food Diary Settings, right? I just shifted a few last night for the new week.

WE have a Weekly Challenge that you are welcome to stop over and join us if you like.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/297683-missdeehere-s-one-week-challenge-for-short-term-goals?page=1#posts-3938738

Feel Free to friend me if you want.

Good Luck in your journer. You don't have far to go, but having support from friends always makes it go better.
  • DawnMSJ
    DawnMSJ Posts: 2 Member
    Hi Pam! I am from Hunterdon County, NJ, but I LOVE visiting PA!! I am 43 and share your frustration - it was much easier for me to lose weight when I was in my 20's!! (But 40's isn't exactly old, is it?!!) This program does remind me of Weight Watchers, but I like this better! I joined a few days ago, because my sister told me about it. Its fun doing it together! I would like to lose 15 pounds, as well! So far I've lost 4 - probably water weight, but who cares! Its enough to motivate me! Keep with it,! Best of luck! Dawn