Yesterday was so hard- food buffets at parties

GirlRural
GirlRural Posts: 12
edited September 30 in Motivation and Support
I attended a first birthday yesterday and I realized how hard it is for me to avoid all the food tables at parties. I did my best to socialize and stay away but I still ate a couple chips, a small 1.5" square brownie and then a very small dinner. I didn't binge, but I wanted to. I literally had to keep chanting in my head "If you follow your plan, you could be in onederland soon." I feel like I did well, about 90% better than I have in the past, but I still wish I didn't struggle so much with food.

Replies

• theaterfan23
    theaterfan23 Posts: 256 Member
    Sounds like you were able to control yourself very well!!
  • ngilliam1
    ngilliam1 Posts: 14
    It sounds like you did fabulous! If a chant is what it takes for you to keep up what you are doing, I say chant away!!
  • maureendonahue
    maureendonahue Posts: 468 Member
    You did a great job with self-control. It is very hard to do-particularly at parties and everyone else is eating. I know what you mean about struggling with food. At least you were able to participate in the party. Two weeks ago, when I faced the same situation, I felt so out of control that I couldn't eat anything. I was afraid if I started, I wouldn't stop. And then I was resentful about it!

Keep up the great work. I have heard it gets easier, and I really hope that is true.
  • tramaine81
    tramaine81 Posts: 113 Member
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
This discussion has been closed.