Slim Fast

Options
Hi everyone. I drink slimfast for breakfast every day, because I LOVE chocolate and because I cant eat when I first get up. If I eat to early I get a bad stomach ache, and you're not supposed to skip meals. My question is.....has anyone ever had Slimfast for all 3 meals and had any success with it? I dont have a big appetite so drinking Slimfast all the time would be fine with me.....but is it wise????

Replies

• fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    You're only supposed to have 2 Slimfast meals a day, and have a healthy, balanced dinner. I think 3 meals is probably not good for your health, nor is it a sustainable way to live. I did have a lot of success following their 3-2-1 plan. I lost about 20 pounds before I felt comfortable enough to go off the program, and I'm still doing very well.
  • Kalrez
    Kalrez Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I would say that it is generally unwise. If you're doing it from a weight loss point of view, the weight you lost will come back whenever you decide to eat solid foods again. I personally do not advocate eating the same thing every single day, as I feel it is important to get a variety of nutrients from a variety of sources.

That being said, I do have a scoop of the Slimfast chocolate powder in the morning with 1c 2% milk, 1c water, and 1 scoop of my protein powder. I too have issues if I eat solid food too early in the morning, so I can sympathize with wanting to do the shake for breakfast.

Even the Slimfast plan requires that you eat at least one regular meal every day. Three shakes a day just isn't a good choice.
  • NicLiving
    NicLiving Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I also enjoy Slimfast for breakfast...usually with a shot of Expresso. One can of Slimfast Chocolate Royale is only 190 calories, so no I don't think it would be wise to do only Slimfast for three meals. The calories wouldn't sustain you. Are you having your Slimfast with fruit & veggies?
  • GypsyWildflower
    Options
    I would limit yourself to one a day actually. While it is good for maintaining hunger, it also has ingredients that aren't the best for you such as high fructose corn syrup. Be careful, and make sure to at least get the calories you need to sustain your body just breathing. Maybe look into other smoothie type things for a second meal, and always have a solid for supper. Your body won't ever learn to metabolize or digest correctly without solids. And remember to always read labels, while the front may claim excellence, ingredients are key to a HEALTHY, not just thin body. Good luck!