Slim Fast diet results

Options
Has anyone ever tried the slim fast diet? Just curious! Thanks!

Replies

• chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Yes I have. I did lose some weight, but as soon as I stopped drinking their shakes or eating their stuff - I gained it all back plus more. Slim Fast is a diuretic so basically you lose a ton of water from it.
  • nmclaurin
    nmclaurin Posts: 43
    Options
    It works in the short term, but once you begin eating real food again, ie..no shakes or bars, you regain the weight. I would use it as a quick jump start.
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    It worked well for me, I lost about 12 lbs on it then got fed up of the shakes and joined mfp and continued to loose and reached my goal weight. Then put 10lbs back on, but that was because I was eating rubish.
  • RachelT14
    RachelT14 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I lost 3 stone using Slimfast. It isnt really possibel for me to say if i did or didnt pu the weight back on. I was the same weight after for about 3 months but then i got pregnant and obviously put on a load of pregnancy related weight.
  • RachelT14
    RachelT14 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Sorry duplicate post
  • PandaFit450
    PandaFit450 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I tried it!!
    Probably was a coincidence, but I ended up with a kidney infection!!!
    Still, was enough to put me off :cry:
  • allenlisa
    allenlisa Posts: 96
    Options
    Try beachbody's shakeology it's so much better for you and works wonders! I'm on it and loooove it!
  • Mommyof3loves
    Options
    I only have them for a quick meal replacement if I am short on time. I would rather just change my eating habits for the better and workout and use it only if I need something quick.
  • farmgirlsuz
    farmgirlsuz Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Some years ago I compared the nutritional value of Slim Fast with the nurtritional value of Nestle's Quik (chocolate drink mix). The Quik was better!

Compare the ingredients with something like a protein shake. You would be much better off. Neither of which I would recommend for any long term weight loss.
  • PositiveGoals
    Options
    Slim fast has too much sugar. It's basically fiber and diuretics. So you have more bowel movements and urinate more and that's it. As soon as you stop you will put the weight back on. If you use a shake or bar, go for a protein shake or bar. You still want to meet your daily calories. I use shakes and bars as a quick grab and go if I'm short on time to replace a meal. Now if you need to lose 5 or 10lbs, then slim fast is a good way to just knock it off. But if you have substantial weight to lose this is not an option.

Bottom line is there's no good fad diet. Eat within the calories that MFP recommends. Exercise to burn much of what you are consuming. The ration of exercise vs calories is the only true diet there is. 3500 calories burned = 1lb lost. Good luck.