Hello

Options
crmhaske
crmhaske Posts: 66 Member
I joined this website yesterday and thought I would drop-in and say hello to everyone :)

I have lost weight before. I went from 250 lbs to 190 lbs; however, when I switched jobs to one with a lot of stress, a lot of hours, and a lot of travel, I gained almost all of it back (247 lbs). My goal is to drop back to at least 190 lbs, but hopefully 150 lbs by my black belt test in taekwondo, which should take place September 2012.

Exercise isn't really a problem for me as I have always been really active (except the 1.5 years I had the aforementioned job). I do taekwondo and yoga 5 days a week and dance three times a week. What is difficult for me are my eating habits. I have hypothyroidism and I frequently crave high carb, high fat foods (cheesecake and potato chips are the worst). I'm a graduate student so I don't have a lot of money making healthy eating difficult for me (the least expensive foods are always full of carbs and salt).

In any case, when I lost weight the first time it was with the support of an online community, so I figured I could do nothing but gain by joining one again. In this way, one is accountable to a community of people, not just oneself. I look forward to interacting with all you throughout our journeys :)

Replies

• adie_rogers
    adie_rogers Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi There!
    I'm also quite new - it's Day 8 for me - and I also have a thyroid condition. I was diagnosed 18 months ago now and haven't been able to shift the extra weight. And anything I do shift goes straight back on!
    My main goal at the moment is to lose around 20lbs but unlike you, I DON'T exercise! Well, I run around after my 3 year old daughter on the days I'm not at work but I don't do anything extra! And on work days - I do 3 days a week in an office - there is the never-ending temptation of the biscuit tin!
    However, this site is really changing my perspective on things and I'm making the effort to do things like walking further to go to the shops - and going to the ones at the top of the hill pushing the buggy is a real workout for me!
    My secondary goal is to get down to a UK14 in clothes - I think that's a 10 in the States?
    I will add you as a friend and if you fancy having a go at this together then I will be thrilled with the support and will try to give as much as I can in return!
    Best of luck.
    Adrienne.xx
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Welcome to My Fitness Pal! Make a lot of friends on this site. It really helps motivate you. :)
  • nospringchick
    nospringchick Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi ! I'm also a newbie to this site, and am very excited to be here ! I have no excuse for being at this weight other than the fact I recognize that I am a stress eater.

My daughter , son-in-law, and their 2 boys ( 5 year & 1//12 years ) live in the upstairs of our house. Two months ago, we moved my 89 year old mom -in-law into the spare room on the main floor with us , since she wasn't able to take care of her home anymore.

My husband found a new job after being let go with 28 years in a place. At 60, that was a miracle, for which we are truly thankful. His shop is an hour each way, and the gas prices are killing us , like a lot of other people.

We have 4 generations in our house , no more room, and are REALLY straining the budget, even though every body is doing their part. All of the above = major stress...........

I need to lose about 50 pounds before they want to do a second knee replacement. Also a big incentive !

That's my story in a nutshell. Looking forward to meeting others, and taking this weight off !