What does it mean when people write 'bump' in a topic?

freckles88
freckles88 Posts: 44 Member
I keep reading topics where people have just written 'bump'. What does this mean and why do it??? I'm really confused lol! x

Replies

• Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Usually either to "save" the topic so they can click My Topics and it'll be there for them to read later, or they bump to get the topic to the top of the forums again for more people to see.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Bump was originally used here to push the topic to the top on the recent posts. Either the person thought it was a great post with good info or they wanted to get it bumped to the top so they could get more answers.

I use TAG to put it in my topics to read later.

Hope this helped!!
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    bump
  • ncgatorfan
    ncgatorfan Posts: 517
    Great question! Now that I know the answer (thanks for providing) how does the comment actually get "bumped" to the top? For example, I commented on something yesterday and the person after me said "bump" in reply to my comment. Am I supposed to do anything now? WHO or HOW does it get posted to the top of the forum Sorry to sound stupid, but I'm new to forums in general!

Still confused - not on the definition, just on how it works.

Thanks!
  • arewethereyet
    Great question! Now that I know the answer (thanks for providing) how does the comment actually get "bumped" to the top? For example, I commented on something yesterday and the person after me said "bump" in reply to my comment. Am I supposed to do anything now? WHO or HOW does it get posted to the top of the forum Sorry to sound stupid, but I'm new to forums in general!

Still confused - not on the definition, just on how it works.

Thanks!

Everytime someone posts, such as now, the thread is bumped to the top of the list.

It also goes to your topics, and is bumped to the top when anyone posts on there.

It is great when you leave a question in the morning and come home from work and have it bumped to the top in My Topics!!

If you don't get a response, it could be the time of day-not a lot of people on line. So you can bump your post to the top for the evening folks in your area:flowerforyou:
  • ncgatorfan
    ncgatorfan Posts: 517
    Ohhhh, got it! Thank you!! Impressive loss, BTW! Congrats!
  • arewethereyet
    Ohhhh, got it! Thank you!! Impressive loss, BTW! Congrats!

ahhh, your sweet:blushing:

Those are my maintainence pounds right now. Working on the next 10 now!:drinker:

13 lbs gone forever for you.....AWESOME:drinker: