So why do you run?

Options
2»

Replies

• mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    It's something only I have. My husband doesn't run, my boss doesn't run, I have very few runner friends. I run because it's the only time I can not have someone asking me a question, wanting me to do something for them, wondering why I haven't done something yet - get the picture. It's MY time for my health and for me. No one can get my PR but me, no once can stand at that start like hating races but wanting to prove to me I can do it.
  • jessradtke
    jessradtke Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I run because I can. I have lots of things I enjoy while I'm running and after the run, but really...I run simply because I can.
  • rowbseat13
    rowbseat13 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Because I'm alive. And healthy. And a lot of people aren't.
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    i run because i love to! ive always loved to run but had really badly controlled asthma which meant i couldnt. Now im lighter and healthier and i can!

I love the freedom it gives me, i get to take time out of the day to be me without worrying about my hubby or daughter. PLus its a great stress buster! I love the high you get after a nice long satisfying run!

so the answer to why do you run is why wouldnt you run?!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it's because it feels really good when I stop. And sometimes because it's a good way to burn enough calories to justify eating half a pizza.

But mostly because I'm amazed that I can.
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    <---- I think my profile pic pretty much sums it up :wink: I run because it is one of the few exercises that I enjoy and then I can justify my drinking.
  • mikki3
    mikki3 Posts: 63
    Options
    Because chocolate, french fries and pizza are chasing me ;)

Seriously, because it feels good to meet new distance/speed goals and it gives me a chance to turn off my brain for a while.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    It feels a lot like winning.
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    For most of the reasons listed here. My mind is blank when I run, all I hear is my breathing. Nobody bothers me when I run, aside from the rude cars who do not pull over I am in complete bliss. My dog loves it. My husband was motivated to start. My kids see me making a healthy choice. It burns great cals. Once a month, when I tally up those cals I get a pizza day with ice cream for dessert, and I don't even worry about the cals or carbs! I love shopping for new shoes and running gear when I hit the goals I determined for myself. I love to run.
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Why do I run? Why not?
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Because I enjoy it & it seems rather natural to me.
  • mitzir
    mitzir Posts: 10
    Options
    Because it's hard for me - I'm not one of those long and lean types. So the payoff when I've finished a good run is way better than any other exercise. And it does great things for my legs. And when you get in to the rhythm, hear the music pumping, and really feel the muscles in your body moving it feels amazing.
  • trigrrl
    trigrrl Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    just saw an AD that made me think of this thread

"cause my sport is your sports punishment"

which is so try...have many of us have "had" to run laps for being naughty?...and now we do it cause it brings us to our happy place
  • ukhennin
    ukhennin Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    just saw an AD that made me think of this thread

"cause my sport is your sports punishment"

which is so try...have many of us have "had" to run laps for being naughty?...and now we do it cause it brings us to our happy place

That's an awesome quote.