Truth about "0" Calorie Butter Sprays

2»

Replies

• Springerrr
    Springerrr Posts: 44 Member
    Did you plan on consuming the entire bottle in one sitting? You are picking at nits with this post.
  • FoogooFish
    FoogooFish Posts: 54 Member
    Considering that the original post is over three years old and the OP has deactivated her account, I doubt you're going to receive an answer to your query.
  • LeonCX
    LeonCX Posts: 862 Member
    Did you plan on consuming the entire bottle in one sitting? You are picking at nits with this post.
    ^^ This!! I am not going to lose sleep over a two second spray.
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member

Nah, I think this is a very good point. I always suspected the 0 cal claim was too good to be true. Thanks for the post OP! I, for one, appreciate having the accurate nutrition info.
  • fatcity66
    Considering that the original post is over three years old and the OP has deactivated her account, I doubt you're going to receive an answer to your query.

LOL I'm sure that was rhetorical, albeit, unnecessary, question.
  • I'm glad the topic was bumped up since it was info I didn't know.
  • fatcity66
    I'm glad the topic was bumped up since it was info I didn't know.

I wonder how he even found the thread, and then only commented on it to complain. LOL
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member

I wonder how he even found the thread, and then only commented on it to complain. LOL

I've always kinda wondered about how some of these necro threads get bumped. This one just seemed totally random
  • jwol80
    jwol80 Posts: 3 Member
    Gahhh. Just use real butter, people. That ingredient list just makes me cringe.

I'm with you, real butter is the best! Worth every calorie!

Haha, just realized how old this thread is :P
  • Did you plan on consuming the entire bottle in one sitting? You are picking at nits with this post.

Well, should I use a similar figure of speech and point out how that's a lame brained response since you used 'nitpicking'? This is a significant issue that not many are educated on and important to keep bringing up over and over. Its very simple: words have meanings, and if you re-define them or mal-use them to deceive, even if for a little, its still deception and then people have to be educated on the "new" (BS, or marketing) meaning. Preferable would be to keep meanings stable (these are not socially changing meanings, they are money driven meaning changes for profit) and penalize all the advertisers, but that's not happening soon...

I'm always finding things with "zero trans fats" that have trans fats. Zero should mean zero, the only real reason the definition is changed is to deceive for profit.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,983 Member
    Yes I understand since being on this forum that in USA anything with less than 5 calories per serving can be advertised as zero calories.

I have the solution, people!!!! :happy:

Move to Australia - your problem will be solved!! :flowerforyou:

Here everything has to have the calories (well , actually kilojoules since we are in metric here) per 100g.
    it can also have per serving but that is not complusory.

I have a can of non stick canola spray in front of me - it tells me it has 92kj, or under 22 calories, per serving - also that a serving is 2.5g.
    just did an experiement and sprayed and measured a large frypan of it - weighed less than 1 g so 2.5g would be a very heavy handed spray.

I seriously doubt that anyone's weight loss is really hindered by not accurately counting cooking spray - unless you are using ridiculously high amounts of it, way beyond normal usage.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member

I've always kinda wondered about how some of these necro threads get bumped. This one just seemed totally random
    What's really weird is if I do a Search on 'butter spray' the result is 41 pages of threads, all within the past year. How do you even find threads from 3 years ago? When I need to use Search to find something I posted 2 weeks ago, it rarely works! :ohwell:
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member

I realize this post is three years old but I wanted to point something out. I don't know if anyone ever watched that show with Ruby, the 700-pound woman. But yes, she would pour a cupful of this stuff over her vegetables because "It's zero calories, y'all, it says so right on the bottle."
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    i like parkay spray. Its good when you just want a little moistening, versus drowning. I log it as 5 sprays, which is like 8 calories if I remember right.