edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
I went to my high school reunion last summer.:smile:
I bought a new outfit and had my hair done. I thought I looked fine.:happy:
Last month classmates started posting photos of the event. :huh:
I saw how I appeared to others.:noway:
I saw my size and how my clothes draped or pulled.:embarassed:
I am now on a mission to exercise, eat better and loose weight..:glasses:

So far:
I set a goal of attending water aerobic classes 7 times a week knowing I may only get to 3-4.
Through water aerobics, I have reaquainted myself with a few muscles that have been on vacation for a few years.
I have not lost any weight in the month since beginning my "mission", but I feel better, look better and feel a lot stronger. I know I am developing muscle at this point of the game.
Started a weight machine circuit at my gym this week to develope more muscle to burn more calories while exercising.
I am using the smaller glasses, plates and bowls to help with portion control.
Developed friendships with others trying to get in shape (at the gym and in classes) which helps me want to get to the classes for the socialization and for encouragement we offer each other.
I am reading the messages of others on this web site for insights, ideas, and information.

Thank you everyone for your contributions to this site. It will be fun to get involved.

Starting at 202# with my first goal of #175 and long term goal of 140#.
K

Replies

• I went to my high school reunion last summer.:smile:
    I bought a new outfit and had my hair done. I thought I looked fine.:happy:
    Last month classmates started posting photos of the event. :huh:
    I saw how I appeared to others.:noway:
    I saw my size and how my clothes draped or pulled.:embarassed:
    I am now on a mission to exercise, eat better and loose weight..:glasses:

So far:
    I set a goal of attending water aerobic classes 7 times a week knowing I may only get to 3-4.
    Through water aerobics, I have reaquainted myself with a few muscles that have been on vacation for a few years.
    I have not lost any weight in the month since beginning my "mission", but I feel better, look better and feel a lot stronger. I know I am developing muscle at this point of the game.
    Started a weight machine circuit at my gym this week to develope more muscle to burn more calories while exercising.
    I am using the smaller glasses, plates and bowls to help with portion control.
    Developed friendships with others trying to get in shape (at the gym and in classes) which helps me want to get to the classes for the socialization and for encouragement we offer each other.
    I am reading the messages of others on this web site for insights, ideas, and information.

Thank you everyone for your contributions to this site. It will be fun to get involved.

Starting at 202# with my first goal of #175 and long term goal of 140#.
    K
  • clewliss
    clewliss Posts: 640 Member
    ahhh, pictures...don't you love them:grumble: Water aerobics (from what I hear) is the best exercise ever! You can do it...keep us posted!:flowerforyou: and welcome!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Welcome to the site!...Pictures is what really got my butt in gear, too. ugh. the pictures. Good luck with your goals!:flowerforyou:
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    My 20 year is next July. I want to be 150, then after Christmas 2009 135. That is my goal.
This discussion has been closed.