New to MFP, Need some help with my diet

Options
Hello everyone!
I am new to MFP. I made an account a few months ago then didn't do anything with it, and now am back to really give it a good try. I was formerly a Weight Watchers member, but after religiously following the plan for almost 6 months and only having lost 10 lbs I feel it is not working for me as well as it should. So here I am trying something different. :) I thought I would post what I eat in a day and see if anyone has any advice for tweeks I could make to improve things. By the way I currently exercise about 3 times a week, drink about 10 cups of water a day, and I also have learned that I lose weight easier when I keep my carbs lower. OK so here goes:

Breakfast:
2 chicken sausage links, 3/4 cup egg whites, adkins protein drink
Lunch:
Salad with lettuce, cucumber, tomoato, Walden Farms dressing and wrap with Mission Tortilla low-carb, natural choice deli meat, and cheddar cheese w/ dijonaise
Dinner:
8oz boneless, skinless chicken breast with 1 cup broccoli and cheese sauce
Snack:
Cheese stick

Any critiques or suggestions you might have would be really helpful! I am starting to get kind of bored with this meal plan but I am really just searching for something that works for my weight loss goals and is healthy. Thanks!

Replies

• talysshade
    talysshade Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Hi! In itself it looks like a good day, assuming that's just one day and that you don't eat the same thing every day. Variation is a good key! As long as you make sure to stick to a certain amount of calories each day you can eat a lot of different things. Check my diary if you like, it's public.

Other than that i think you'll find to have a great success if you let mfp set a goal for you.. then stick to that. Log your food every day and try to stick to that goal. You can even custom change your goal a bit to change the carb levels to what works best for you.

IF you have any questions feel free to add or ask me ^^
  • Krae79
    Krae79 Posts: 49
    Options
    Welcome!! This site is wonderful as well as the people :)
  • horsepullerlovesme
    horsepullerlovesme Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    as long as u are not under 1200 cal cuz your bod goes into starvation mode. i try to eat protein slow carbs and fast carbs for my meals and fruits for my snacks. i eat about 1200-1600 calories a day and workout 5 days a week. add me if you would like :flowerforyou: