How to eat a pomegranate? hmmmm...

Options
Ok, I havn't had one since I was a kid but they were on sale last week so I picked up a few. Now I can't remember- are you supposed to EAT the seeds or just suck them clean and spit them out? I never ate the seeds as a kid... but I don't know if I wasn't supposed to or if I just liked to spit things :embarassed: hah, any advice?

Replies

• kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Ok, I havn't had one since I was a kid but they were on sale last week so I picked up a few. Now I can't remember- are you supposed to EAT the seeds or just suck them clean and spit them out? I never ate the seeds as a kid... but I don't know if I wasn't supposed to or if I just liked to spit things :embarassed: hah, any advice?
  • janigal
    Options
    Eat the seeds but do not eat any of the pith - it is really nasty tasting!!!
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    I soak mine in cold water in the fridge for a hour or so first, slice that bad boy opena nd scoop out the seeds, it is great with feta cheese on a salad as well..... a little raspberry vinegerette dressing and good to go
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I tend to eat some of the seeds (lots of fiber!!), but spit some out - kinda like a watermelon: you can eat the seeds or spit 'em.
  • ErinRNinMaine
    ErinRNinMaine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Have a lot of time, wear dark clothes you don't care if you stain, and peel it. Don't eat the white, like janigal said, but pick out the little seeds and suck the juice out and spit out the seeds. It's messy and time-consuming, but tastes soooo good!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh thank you all! I will try eating them then. I was going to cut into one today and it occured to me that I had no idea how to eat one, lol:laugh:
  • psyknife
    psyknife Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I just eat the whole seed.
  • amycakes812
    Options
    I didn't like the seeds as a kid, but now I like the crunch they provide. Really, they are so small, I can't be bothered to spit them out. :laugh: I second the dark clothes! Also, unless you peel it and put the seeds in a bowl ahead of time, I wouldn't reccomend eating one on your sofa!
  • EvilPIB
    EvilPIB Posts: 334 Member
    Options

Thanks for asking the question because I was thinking of purchasing some but couldn't remember how to eat them. 465.gif
  • Ezzie
    Ezzie Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I just read an article about that very thing!!!!!

So here's the link, seemed to address some of the problems others referred to...

http://www.dailyspark.com/blog.asp?post=nutrition_101_theres_a_new_super_food_in_town

If it doesn't come through as a link, please cut and paste...