Eye-opener

Options
brocantrs
brocantrs Posts: 273 Member
I decided to measure the actual capacity of a few of the cups/glasses I have been drinking from and discovered that I have been underestimating my fluid intake and thus calories. Also bought a HRM yesterday so I can keep tabs on calories burned. Gonna do this!

Replies

• tomsmmns7
    tomsmmns7 Posts: 3
    Options
    Alway forward. Success is for you! Keep it up.
  • LeeLynnP
    LeeLynnP Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    YOU CAN DO IT!!!
  • healthychelsea
    Options
    I really want an HRM but fear it will cause me to over analyze/obsess more than I already do. :( so I avoid researching them online and just stick to weight my food and exercising, not worrying about how many calories I burn, just how many miles I run. Seems to be working.
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    purchased my HRM today- I'm gonna get healthy or die trying ~
  • brocantrs
    Options
    I really want an HRM but fear it will cause me to over analyze/obsess more than I already do. :( so I avoid researching them online and just stick to weight my food and exercising, not worrying about how many calories I burn, just how many miles I run. Seems to be working.
    I hear ya! Felt like my calories burned were being overestimated and wanted a better idea of what I was really doing. Getting ready to dust of my bike that I haven't rode in over 10 years *embarrassed* and put some miles down.
  • brocantrs
    Options
    purchased my HRM today- I'm gonna get healthy or die trying ~
    Hey, let's don't go that far!
  • lmtrevin
    lmtrevin Posts: 18
    Options
    Good luck! I am still debating on the HRM. Let us know how it works out for you. :)
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I am still debating on the HRM. Let us know how it works out for you. :)

Same here. Can not decide if I really want/ need one.
  • rchhickman2014
    rchhickman2014 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I found that when I got a HRM the calories that I burned were actually more then what I had been estimating. I have been told that the heavier you are the more calories you burn, but as you lose weight you have to do more work to burn the same amount you burned when you were heavier....Not sure if this is true or not
  • HazelAngelstar
    Options
    its amazing how much on an eye opener portion control becomes when you actually start measuring things out !!!

i'm another one who's thinking about an HRM but not sure whether I can afford to spend the money on a decent one which tells you how many calories you have burned. Someone mentioned on a previous post that LIDL were selling one @ £12.99 but our local store has never had any in.
  • anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • brocantrs
    Options
    I found that when I got a HRM the calories that I burned were actually more then what I had been estimating. I have been told that the heavier you are the more calories you burn, but as you lose weight you have to do more work to burn the same amount you burned when you were heavier....Not sure if this is true or not
    You are correct. As you get more fit your body doesn't have to work as hard doing the same routines. You have to keep challenging yourself.