WAAAHH!!! No loss...HELP!

Options
Hi.
I have only been using MFP for 1 week (this time around) I was really trying hard this week, no pasta or rice, very little potato. I cut down on sugar, exercised for 5 days and NO LOSS.
I was really hoping for a loss to kick start me and give me new hope, but nothing.......
I have been working out (after doing no exercise) for about 2 months and trying to watch what I eat and I thought using MFP would really help me to bump up my weightloss.
I weigh 68.7 kgs/ 151.5 lbs. Im 170 cm/ 5'7. My goal is 63.5 kgs/ 140 lbs.
My water intake could be better - Im in New Zealand and its the middle of winter here, makes it hard to keep the water intake up in the cold. And I feel so cold, always shivering, hardly get a sweat when working out.
Ive got 30DS coming and hope to start on Aug 1st, or this week.
My measurements were down 1 cm on hips, belly, waist...but that could be user error :)
I got new scales this week - they weigh the same as my old scales, but have a body fat % as well (hasnt changed in the last 4 days)
Please give me some hope or advice, I really felt I was denying myself 'yummy' food and treats this week, to get no loss is not much of a reward for that....I dont want to get all bitter about weightloss.
Also tips for keeping up water intake in the winter would be great, thanks.

Replies

• fittertanme
    fittertanme Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    hi there, well dont give up you might have a better week soon or you body might be trying to hold back but dont give up and see if you lose next week
  • SusanneWhittington
    SusanneWhittington Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    tea, herbal tea, green tea.
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! Are you starting tom soon? Are you drinking enough water? Dehydration and too much salt will make you retain water and might explain the non-loss. Give it time, it will happen.
  • wildestian
    wildestian Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    tea, herbal tea, green tea.
    Agreed, as soon as it has no caffeine, it counts as water, and it's a hot drink :) nice for winter.
  • Dootzy1
    Dootzy1 Posts: 2,189 Member
    Options
    Try to feel proud of yourself for taking such good care of yourself for the week! You have set something in motion that will payoff in the long run. Sorry that you have been disappointed after all of the hard work. Just stay the course, ignore the scale for another week, and most likely that number will shift downwards! Our bodies do let go of extra weight with persistence, and it's not always in one week.
  • yramesor333
    yramesor333 Posts: 152
    Options
    when i exercize alot,i tend 2 lose inches (tone up) than weight !!! this last week and half i havent because its a code red outside( heatwave) and i lost 6 pounds !!! dont give up stay with it !!! measure urself and in a week see if your loosing inches instead of pounds :)
  • Baroness
    Baroness Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for your support....
    I will try to drink more, although I dont drink caffienated drinks, so no coffee, tea, green tea usually (sometimes for a boost)
    I do drink red bush tea and no cal drinks.
    TOM is this week. Hopefully keeping a record will help me in the future with TOM gain/water retention.
  • Dabbles
    Dabbles Posts: 367
    Options
    In my experience my body usually takes 2 weeks, sometimes 3 before I start seeing a difference on the scales. It's almost like it's saying what the elf are you doing to me. Then it adjusts and says, okay I see what you're wanting me to do, I can do this. And then I start losing the weight. Give it time! Make sure that you're keeping your salt down because that can make you retain water. And measure the foods you're eating. Sometimes what you think it one serving can sometimes be 2 or more. I really have to watch myself on that.
  • crazydogface1
    Options
    Hi I was a yoyo dieter all my life and now have the key... We all look for instant we want it right now... 5 days?? Honestly you keep at it and you will reap many rewards!! But its effort and time and good clean foods and enough..are you eating 5 to 6 mini meals a day are you also getting enough protein? and most of all tell yourself you are looking and feeling great! soon you will believe it and be living it
    so be strong stay positive your goal is so close!