Green Tea??

Hi All!
Have any of you added green tea into your diet? Has it had an impact? I've read some stuff on line that suggest it boost metabolism and aids in digestion. Just wondering what your experience has been with it as I am thinking of adding it to my diet.
Thanks!

Replies

• angisnee
    angisnee Posts: 236 Member
    I've always liked green tea, even before trying to lose weight, so I can't really say if it helps with weight loss or not. I looked into the health benefits of it recently, and I found this article: http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/features/health-benefits-of-green-tea. I can't remember if it was that article or a different one, but one author indicated that green tea might actually block the absorption of some nutrients, so it's better to drink it between meals instead of with them. :drinker:
  • Icewolf_The
    Icewolf_The Posts: 308 Member
    I know they also make it in capsules you can take as a supplement. But honestly I like green tea so I'd rather drink it. It's also full of tons of antioxidants and there is a great article about it's benefits here at the University of Maryland Medical center... Of course. Do research on it Stephanie, and make sure it doesn't interact with any medicines you take (there are some listed on this page) :)

http://www.umm.edu/altmed/articles/green-tea-000255.htm
  • sarahp86
    sarahp86 Posts: 692 Member
    I started taking it two weeks ago and I've increased my water intake... All I'll say is, it keeps me regular :)
  • clayeth54
    clayeth54 Posts: 13
    The more research I've done, the more I'm just taking the stance that anything in capsule form isn't worth the money. It's usually much cheaper and more effective to eat the foods that contain it (in most cases). So, I'd say skip the green tea capsules, unless you just HATE the taste. Personally, I've been drinking it occasionally for a long time because I like tea. Lately, I've started drinking it in the evening when I'm relaxing before bed. I figure it's supposed to be healthy, it can't hurt. I'd say go for it.