Hello everyone

Options
Hey guys. I guess I need to put a post about me on here huh... Well I have had "weight issues" since I joined the Air Force 13 years ago. I joined at 131 pounds and left basic training at 151. I wasnt used to eating all the fatty foods they had there and was actually more physically active before I joined. Back then they had a weight management program and the maximum weight for a 5 ft7in female was 158lbs. I then found out I had endometriosis and they put me on a wonderful (insert scarcasm here) medication called Depot Lupron. I gained 60 pounds during the six months I was on it, I also became pre-diabetic and working rotating shift work caused me some issues. I lost almost 45 pounds in 2007 and kept it off until the end of last year.

At the end of last year I got MRSA from the base gym. I had 3 leisions before they even cared enough to figure out what it was. I was then hospitalized for over a week in March of this year because of it. While in the hospital I quit smoking (yay me!) cold turkey and looked forward to being disease and smoke free. Well ever since my release from the hospital I have NO energy (sleep studies next week) and have gained almost 40 pounds. I am back on rotating shift and now am pre-diabetic again.

I am looking forward to 1. losing weight for ME 2. losing weight so I can pass my PT test easier 3. stopping the diabetes and 4. maybe getting back to the "normal" me.

Hopefully this forum will help me as I have found that if I am accountable of sorts to someone or something I tend to do better at reaching my goals.

Replies

• buckeyebuc
    buckeyebuc Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Wow, you have been through a lot. I joined the Corps at 215 and graduated boot camp at 185. That was quite a while ago but am trying to get back to that weight once again.

My son broke his leg his junior year of high school and got MRSA after the surgery. spent 3 weeks in the hospital and another 3 weeks at home having me and mom giving him his I V solutions. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Good luck on your journey, If I can be of any help don't hesitate to ask.
  • yorkie1973
    Options
    Hi, yes you sound like you have been through a bad time.I know the feeling.
    I had my daughter 5years ago and when she was 4 weeks old i was rushed into hospital with shocking pains in my head. Long story short, turned out to be hormonal migraines that I only found out in 2007 when i was also found out I had endometriosis. After trying lots of alternate medication, I ended up having a full hysterectomy at the end of 2009. After the operation, I was rushed back into hospital with a blood clot and wound infection. This took another week in hospital when i was discharged christmas eve. I then had an open wound from the infection for a further 6 months and had district nurses visiting daily.
    I lost alot of weight throught this time but unfornatly as soon as things became normal again, the weight just piled back on. So I can feel for you.
    I still suffer with chronic fatigue but im hoping that if i lose the weight, I may feel like I have energry again.

Hope all goes well with you.

Please feel free to add me as a friend and we can try an gear each other along :happy:

Clare
  • PinkiG35
    PinkiG35 Posts: 16
    Options
    Yes I would not wish it on anyone. It has been a rough couple of years but all funny in a way.

April 2009 = vascular surgery to remove varicose vein... cat jumped on me and popped the stiches in my groin (hole in my leg for 6 weeks)

July 2009 = broke BOTH elbows roller skating... freak accident involving someones kid, a soda and a slippery snackbar floor

tried recovering from them....

August 2010 = tore hamstring doing walking lunges

October 2010 = MRSA started

March 2011 = hospitalized

June 2011 = pre diabetic.

Fun times. I will do it though
  • PinkiG35
    PinkiG35 Posts: 16
    Options
    I still suffer with chronic fatigue but im hoping that if i lose the weight, I may feel like I have energry again.

Clare

I have found that when the weight comes off, your whole outlook changes and the energy comes back but its that original push that sucks.