CREATINE

Options
Does anyone know if I can get creatine in a vitamin form? I'm already taking a protein shake, so I don't wanna do another shake... Please let me know... Thanks!

Replies

• Mills187
    Mills187 Posts: 171
    Options
    most of it is just a flavorless powder added to your drink of choice, it mixes well with anything tea or anything you could also just throw it in with your protien shake and only haveto make it one??
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Ugh, that stuff's still around? I cancelled my subscription to 2 or 3 health/fitness mags because every other page was an ad for this stuff and it was working its way into a lot of their articles too.

Creatine is not an essential nutrient, as it is manufactured in the human body... enough for me :)
  • brittg7
    brittg7 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    yes you can buy it in a vitamine form

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/creacap.htm
  • kslindner
    kslindner Posts: 107
    Options
    Ugh, that stuff's still around? I cancelled my subscription to 2 or 3 health/fitness mags because every other page was an ad for this stuff and it was working its way into a lot of their articles too.

Creatine is not an essential nutrient, as it is manufactured in the human body... enough for me :)

Did not know that! Thanks... Now I don't need to get any. LOL
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I can't take that stuff.. sorry.. it gives me chest pains. :cry:
  • dylanco
    dylanco Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Since creatine has the effect of causing increased muscle size, generally it's not used by women.
  • kassandra1717
    kassandra1717 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I take creatine and love it.. Its recommended to be taken with something that has carbs in it so it will be absorbed properly. If you just take a pill form with no food it wont be as effective. You can get it in pill form but if I was you id put the powder in a protein shake after my workout. Make sure your protein shake has at least 8 carbs or more in it.
  • Missylydia
    Missylydia Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I bought creatine but am not entirely sure how to use it. The whole pre or post workout thing, and I read it can cause fluid retention? That kinda scares me! lol
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    I bought creatine but am not entirely sure how to use it. The whole pre or post workout thing, and I read it can cause fluid retention? That kinda scares me! lol

Look at Kassandra's profile picture... Does it look like she's having issues with water retention? Looks kinda' hot to me, sorry Euro. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Missylydia
    Missylydia Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Hahahaha, Kassandra's almost at my goal weight, not my current weight! Lol
    And I do have a tendency to retain fluid. Some people are more inclined than others.

Hahahahaha, she's not my type, but I do agree she looks hot.

Edit : I'm into guys!
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
    to the people taking creatine, why do you take it? what does it do?

i always thought it simply made you retain water, giving the illusion of larger muscles (which shrink as soon as you stop taking it)

correct me please
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    to the people taking creatine, why do you take it? what does it do?

i always thought it simply made you retain water, giving the illusion of larger muscles (which shrink as soon as you stop taking it)

correct me please

"Athletic Performance

Research suggests that creatine may provide some benefit in improving performance in high-intensity, short-duration activities such as weight lifting and sprinting. Creatine increases production of ATP, an energy source for muscles during brief, explosive periods of activity. It hasn't been found, however, to help with aerobic or endurance sports such as marathon running.

Creatine may also decrease muscle fatigue. It appears to reduce lactic acid, an energy waste product that causes muscle fatigue."