What do you do when it's too hot to move?

Options
It's way to hot out, and in my house ( no airconditioning ) to move. What do you do to get your excersice in when it's hot?

Replies

• bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    swim
  • thenewkarisa
    thenewkarisa Posts: 207
    Options
    yeah, I would swim if I knew how LOL
  • jmore85
    jmore85 Posts: 36
    Options
    I do my elliptical in the full blow of a fan.... it's hot here too and we can't afford air con
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I know alot of folks walk around the air conditioned shopping mall.....
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I exercise anyway, drink lots of water and revel in the sweat pouring down my face! It sucks and I can't hit the same intensity as I do on cooler days but it gets done.
  • katie_kaboom
    Options
    If you do not have a pool at your disposal, you may want to wait until the sun goes down and take a walk. It should be cool enough at that point...just watch out for cars and wear light clothing!
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Sweat alot. LOL.

My point is you just have to buck it up and get it done soldier.
  • ashfuse
    ashfuse Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    move anyway...get out, spray yourself down with the water hose, and MOVE!! Working out in hotter weather helps you burn faster as your body is working harder to regulate temp. Just stay hydrated with electrolytes!!!
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    I do my elliptical in the full blow of a fan.... it's hot here too and we can't afford air con

My brother says air con.. haha. Fan is a good idea!
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options

My brother says air con.. haha. Fan is a good idea!
  • beatlegirl2011
    beatlegirl2011 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm in Texas and its been over 100 degrees everyday for the whole month of July! I'm lucky enough to have a gym membership and work out there and swim all the time! If you can't swim or work out in a gym I'd recommend mall walking. For me personally I find cardio makes me hotter and stickier then calisthenics. If it's too hot to do cardio try toning, sit ups, squats, lunges etc

Good luck :)