Realistic weight loss???

Hey guys, in 21 weeks exactly I will be going on an amazing trip to Orlando Florida with friends and family for xmas. What do you think I could realistically hope for in weight loss? Just to let you know that my weight loss this time round is veeerrryy slow, have lost 10lbs in about 12/13 weeks if not slightly more, so not expecting massive loss, but when I started this 13 weeks ago, I did think (even though I did expect more lol) that losing 1lb per week would make a loss of 34ish pounds, which would be amazing (even though need to lose much more than this and was secretly hoping for at least 2lb per week!!) I guess really Im just asking how long it has taken you all to lose your weight and have you all plateaud and got over it, and am I being unrealistic thinking I could lose about 40lbs before then xxxx

Replies

• ratkaj
    ratkaj Posts: 166 Member
    I don't know if mine was faster than normal or not but I lost 38 lbs in 130days.

I also found running to be the only exercise that I have needed. My abs hurt after and my whole body hurts the next day. I now run 5k, 8k, and 10k races.

< added: I also didn't eat 1200 calories, I followed what MFP told me to eat and stuck with it>
  • blueeyedtraveler
    blueeyedtraveler Posts: 209 Member
    I have lost 55 pounds since the first of the year. That's 27 weeks, give or take a few days. So, I'm averaging 2 pounds a week. So, your desire to lose 40 pounds by Christmas is not out-of-reach. Just set your mind to it, hold yourself accountable and focus your attention on it...you CAN do it, and I'm sure you will, too!

XOXO
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    it took me a year to lose 30 lbs...i didnt do silly diets or anything crazy, just logged everything here, ate clean and healthy, and exercise at least 4 times a week. I never deprived myself of anything and will never relapse! Zig-zagging seemed to jump start the weight loss for me, since I am a "slow loser" like you sound to be.

I'd set your goals at losing 1 lb/week to be realistic, and if you lose more it'll be a bonus! It took a while to put on the weight and it will take a while to lose it.

Good luck!

add: keep in mind that eating TOO FEW calories (i.e. 1200/day) can cause your body to enter starvation mode. I was stuck there for too long. 1370 has been a good number for me
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    If you get daily workouts in and stay strict with your diet, you could probably lose 20-30 lbs between now and then. Unfortunately, this may mean you need to cut out a lot of the alcohol you drink. It makes you retain water and makes weight loss very slow (also just read that it makes it nearly impossible to get rid of cellulite! eek!) My goal is to lose 30 lbs by Christmas and I'm thinking I might have to lay off the alcohol to get those results.
  • rubysparkle
    rubysparkle Posts: 362 Member
    I also want to lose this amount of weight by early Jan as im booked to go on an amazing holiday and i want this one to be the first one where my weight doesnt hold me back from enjoying it. Im hoping to lose 40 by start of jan, but to be honest even if i lost half of that i'd be thrilled.

Add me if you'd like to keep each other on track to our goals :)
  • SarahWrittenThin
    SarahWrittenThin Posts: 595 Member
    I lost 38 in 107 days.
  • Exercise ...it really helps with the loss! :drinker:
  • eills44
    eills44 Posts: 65
    Thanks guys, I am really hoping for at LEAST a pound per week average, just dont seem to be able to lose it as easy as I used to, I have had a broken foot for the first 6 mths of the year so not moved at all, then gone back to work AND started exercising and still not losing it xx We will see, I WILL not go to Florida this weight, that I do know xxx
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    l`ve lost 25pounds since May1st of this year to current

This is my first time ever trying to loose weight so not sure if thats fast or average but its a good pase in my book lol. I haven`t had any stalls as of yet I`ve been very consistant with exercise daily and water still working alittle on my food choices but I`m loosing so its all good.

I would think if you worked out and drank your water you could easily do a pound per week if not more
  • bex879165
    bex879165 Posts: 121 Member
    We can hold each other accountable if you like hun?? It's my 30th on the 21st Nov - so about 17 weeks & I've 39lbs to lose to goal!! I reckon that to be about 2.2 per week??? Not going to beat myself up if I don't get it exact but i'd like to be somewhere close!!

Please feel free to kick my a**e if you see my diary slacking!! I've been useless this weekend but am determined to pick myself up from tomorrow. I've come so far, it would be a shame to let it all go now. I have to do this!! :-)
  • Marylovell
    Marylovell Posts: 19 Member
    I read a book, a memoir about a woman who lost half her weight over the course of three years. She talked about hitting plateaus. While she wouldn't speak directly in the book about what she did, she just kept moving with her plan until she started making forward progress again. Jennette Fulda is her name if you want to look her up. She has a blog, too. My guess would be to change up your workout routine to be a little more challenging, and look at whether you're eating enough calories to keep your metabolism going. I don't have experience with this, as I my own journey is really my first sincere effort to lose weight. I think you can get close to your goal, if not all the way there. Either way, you'll keep making positive progress, I believe.
  • I recently come to a book known as 3 x 15 day diet plan , based on the much hype 3 day diet theory. They have created an enhanced version of the diet and offer you some simple tips with some restriction on food types like oily food etc. Other than thaty they allow you to eat anything you like as long as its not in the Things to avoid list. There are seven tips actually which you have to perform for 45 days with no special diet. just simply use those tips. I am using one of the tip since3 weeks and i definitely feel the difference. I got the book from my friend :) though you can search it on google with "3 x 15 days diet plan"