New from VA

Options
Hi, all! I'm here to try to FINALLY make a change in my weight.

I was thin through my Junior year of high school. My senior year of high school was a bit complicated. My mom died, I was having side effects from Adderall so I stopped taking that, and I was switching BC pills. I think all of that was the perfect storm that lead to my weight gain. I was so used to being able to eat what I wanted when I wanted because of the Adderall, and it took me awhile to realize that I couldn't do that anymore. After graduating I had gained 70 pounds (yes, in the span of a year), and I started noticing my unhealthy relationship with food. Food made me happy, and I started REALLY looking forward to meal time. Most of my days were spent thinking about food.

My skin is absolutely ruined, gaining so fast resulted in HORRIBLE stretch marks. I've tried so hard in the past to change what I eat, but it's been hard. I HAVE been able to make small changes though. (Very little calories go towards drinks, unless it's (chocolate) milk, I eat the healthier thing on my plate before anything else, etc.)

Past attemps to keep a food journal haven't gone so great, I would overestimate the calories I ate and ended up starving-and I'd give up in a week. But, this seems different. I love that it's all right there. I've been surprised to see that I've been able to find everytihng I've eaten. (Even a Fanta Slurpee!) I also like that the message boards are all right here.

My husband is in the military, and while he is away at training I want to get in shape. I don't like what I see in the mirror and I don't see how anyone else could like me either. I see this as my last chance to turn into the person I want to be before our first duty station-where we will make a whole new group of friends. I want to be able to keep up with his super active lifestyle, and I want my body to be able to handle carrying a baby.

I hope to find the support I'm looking for on here! :)

Replies

• navyw1fe
    navyw1fe Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Hello im also living in va currently va beach..husband is in the navy and just got stationed here in dec 2010. ive got 3 kids so never have time for myself and also snack after kids are in bed..changing my lifestyle for myself so i can look SEXY for hubby and beable to play with the kids w/out being out of breath..you can add me as a friend if u like. Navyw1fe..
  • CaptainAmerica1970
    Options
    hi, welcome
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    where are you at in VA? we're stationed at fort lee va, just south of richmond
  • tiajones950
    Options
    We're in the Charlottesville area, so not too far!
  • Kat0310
    Kat0310 Posts: 341
    Options
    Hi and welcome!

I'm from the Chesterfield area (just south of Richmond).