Taking Celexa while trying to diet

Options
Hey there everyone!

Well, I just recently started taking celexa for depression and anxiety and everyone keeps telling me I will start gaining weight from this. I obviously can't stop taking this medicine, but I can't gain weight either. Has anyone else had this problem? Do you know a way around it?

Replies

• skinnyminimoni
    Options
    I'm on Celexa and I have a hard time losing weight. I didn't gain any when I started, but I'm also on Topamax which is supposed to help you lose weight.
  • indigoangel86
    Options
    I've been on Celexa for years and I am having no trouble losing weight. I also didn't gain any from taking it (my weight gain was from before).
  • kellzyeah
    kellzyeah Posts: 17
    Options
    I lost weight while taking Celexa. If it didn't stop working I'd still be on it!
  • captnesshowdy7
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about it. Anti Depressants work differently for everyone. Most of them make you gain weight but some make you lose and they work differently on everyone. I would just concentrate on feeling better with the medication but it could make you lose slower. I'm on cymbalta and I am losing slower but when I started taking it, I never wanted to eat ANYTHING so I didn't have any trouble losing weight. Good luck
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I gained weight from untreated depression. :wink: Without it, I had trouble leaving the couch.
  • indpls2002
    indpls2002 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Thank you to everyone! I was really worried about the weight gain and I waited way longer than I should have to take the medicine. But then I realized i needed it and started to take it and mentally I feel better, but I would be lieing if I didn't say I was worried about it!

THANK YOU!!!