Hi, my name is k2d4p, and I am a peanutbutter-aholic

Options
k2d4p
k2d4p Posts: 441 Member
Help! I absolutely love peanut butter. Crunchy, creamy, on sandwiches, on toast, on a spoon... Almost any way I can get it. Any one like this? Why does something so AWESOME have to be so high in calories? :sad: :sad:

Life is cruel sometimes...:mad: :grumble:

Replies

• fittocycle
    fittocycle Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm not a peanut butter-aholic but a chocoholic! I don't know but almond butter might be lower in calories and it is pretty good for you too! By the way, congratulations on your awesome weight loss!
  • skinnyminimoni
    Options
    I'm a chocoholic too. And a fried-food-oholic... :grumble:
  • Asiral
    Asiral Posts: 133
    Options
    I may have a suggestion, for the both of you. I love peanut butter more than chocolate, but my new love has been Quaker chewy peanut butter and chocolate bars. I would suggest giving them a try. There are tiny tiny chocolate and peanut butter chips in it and it satisfys my sweet-tooth. :D
  • c0bra99
    c0bra99 Posts: 11
    Options
    Help! I absolutely love peanut butter. Crunchy, creamy, on sandwiches, on toast, on a spoon... Almost any way I can get it. Any one like this? Why does something so AWESOME have to be so high in calories? :sad: :sad:

1 word, PB2: http://www6.netrition.com/bell_plantation_pb2.html
  • fittocycle
    fittocycle Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I just saw this post under the recipe section of MFP. Might be something to keep us all happy! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/239778-chocolate-peanut-butter-pie-130-cals
  • giantsgirl91
    Options
    OMG I am the same way. Have the regular PB it is oddly healthier for you. Just have a spoon full. Dont stop eating what you love. Learn from me. I did..i did the whole stop snaking and last night I have a brake down and ate chips, chocolate and PB !! It was so good, but so BAD :/
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    LOL - me tooooo - I keep telling people I have transferred my old chocolate addiction to peanut butter since I have been on MFP!!

The best way to eat it - straight from the spoon......with LOTS of willpower I can stick to only one teaspoon of crunchy nutty goodness most of the time ;-)
  • Cadenpet
    Cadenpet Posts: 79
    Options
    OMG I am so with you! I don't go for chocolate or anything when I get upset. I grab a spoon and some creamy Jiff. I just can't help it. I have started buying the tiny tiny jars , or the little cups you can put in your lunch. The guilt of going for number two keeps me in check. Or ...well I just don't buy it. So sad.
  • dawniee
    dawniee Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I love love peanut butter, i eat it everyday:O) ....i wish it werent so much for i eat it almost everyday for my snacks...healthy fat, good protein and keeps me satisfied!!
  • bonihills
    bonihills Posts: 1
    Options
    I love peanut butter. I have peanut butter on a piece of whole wheat bread every morning.
  • jessrademacher
    jessrademacher Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have a major peanut butter addiction too. I second the PB2 recommendation though! Tastes just like peanut butter and only 45 calories. I put it in oatmeal and it's so delish!
  • natekorpusik
    natekorpusik Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter is good for you. Great source of protein, high in calories for sure, but good calories..... every single one of them. Good fats too. And your body needs all of that. I eat it ALL the time.
  • NewVonnie
    NewVonnie Posts: 683 Member
    Options

1 word, PB2: http://www6.netrition.com/bell_plantation_pb2.html

What he said ^...so good ..PB2..comes in choc and plain..45 cals for 2 T
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Since starting on here my chocolate cravings turned to peanut butter cravings. I will have a pB&J sandwich a couple of times a week, peanut butter and banana protein shakes, and peanut butter and crackers with milk. I will not eat it alone though that is just asking for trouble.
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    PB2!!!! I buy it by the case! I mix it with just a little of the real stuff (skippy, peter pan, nutella, etc) and just eat it on bread and with a spoon :tongue:
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    PB2!!!! I buy it by the case! I mix it with just a little of the real stuff (skippy, peter pan, nutella, etc) and just eat it on bread and with a spoon :tongue:
  • datzun
    datzun Posts: 198
    Options
    2 PB&J sandwiches just about every night for me (whole wheat bread and low sugar jam/jelly). There are much worse things out there to eat.
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Well dunno if this was mentioned but Walden Farms has calorie free peanutbutter (splenda used for 'sugar') I haven't tried it yet, but their calorie free syrups are great.

I know a lot of people feel weird about lots of artificial sweateners and even I would never recommend an aspartame product - but this in moderation could be a solution for you.