Herbalife alternative?

Options
Hey all, I am looking for an alternative to Herblaife, more importantly, a CHEAPER version :) I really want to try something new :)

Replies

• Robyn1733
    Robyn1733 Posts: 58
    Options
    Have you tried Advocare? I use and sell it.
  • malissaperkins
    Options
    never heard of it actually
  • ChristinaRamos
    Options
    I drink Visalus Sciences Vi-Shape Nutritional Shakes everyday! They are delicious, about 1.60 a shake, and you can get all your shakes for free! Feel free to add me :)
  • jenn8206
    Options
    Did anyone ever find an affordable alternative to Herbalife? Please help. I have been unemployed for almost 3 years now and my weight had sky rocketed almost 100 pounds, literally, in my first year of unemployment. In the past several months I have managed to loose like 12 pounds, but I need something to help now. I am getting super discouraged now, because I haven't been able to loose anything more than that and I am very worried that it will gain right back up there again...

You see, I have an addiction to food. When I say addiction, I mean it's like someone who is addicted to drugs..
  • thor1god1of1awesome
    thor1god1of1awesome Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    i think the best alternative to herbalife is good old fashion eating well and exercise. I know its a crazy idea.
  • papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I would stay away from anything with a "seller". Just a way for companies to make more money and get people to push for them.

Buy a juicer or head over to GNC or just about any store these days. Premier Nutrition makes an awesome protein shake -- available at some Sam's Clubs and Costcos. EAS has some good low carb/cal drinks. Many out there just start with one as some are really nasty. If you are looking vegan sunwarrior.com has some vegan alternatives (taste is okay, not one I recommend for taste where the PN and EAS I do).
  • shawnclarinet
    shawnclarinet Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've done the Herbalife deal before and it is pretty expensive. I found a good alternative for the shakes at Bakers/Kroger - It's their brand and it's just a Soy and Whey Protein Mix and it runs about $12 a can. Any high quality multivitamin will replace theirs. Cell Activator is mostly calcium citrate and B vitamins. Total control is mostly green tea extract and caffeine. A lot of these supplements will just pass through your system without being absorbed.
    I've had some success replacing their over-priced products with commonly found supplements from Walmart's wall of vitamins and supplements. Hope that helps!
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Did anyone ever find an affordable alternative to Herbalife? Please help. I have been unemployed for almost 3 years now and my weight had sky rocketed almost 100 pounds, literally, in my first year of unemployment. In the past several months I have managed to loose like 12 pounds, but I need something to help now. I am getting super discouraged now, because I haven't been able to loose anything more than that and I am very worried that it will gain right back up there again...

You see, I have an addiction to food. When I say addiction, I mean it's like someone who is addicted to drugs..
    So, not to play armchair doctor, but this sounds like a classic case of depression. A psychologist could definitely help, and there are many places that offer sliding-scale fees, since you're unemployed. If you're in the US, www.nami.org is a good place to start looking.
  • Heidi_M78
    Heidi_M78 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Have you thought of signing up as a Distributor? This will get you an immediate 25% discount
  • ckopca08445
    Options
    A cheaper alternative is what she wants, not just a posting of another pyramid sales scheme with overpriced supplements like; Amway, Visalus, Advocare, and the Herbalife supplements. Supplementation is supposed to be done out of convenience when on the go and you don't have time to prepare a real meal and are lacking the nutrients needed. The bioavailability of supplements is far less then an actual food source. You don't need to waste your money on overpriced products. Try new foods constantly and if you are in really struggling with the self discipline or knowledge of what foods you need based on age/sex/activity level, see a deitician. Just do a little research on a protein and multivitamin in reference to your needs. When you determine the product that fits you best, try buying from sites such as amazon or ebay and you save some money. Best of luck
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I've tried LOTS of meal sups and nothing works better or made me feel better than herbalife. But like others said, if you become a distributor you get a discount and can make some money. I don't go out trying to swindle people, but people I know see my results and want the stuff. Pretty much sells itself if you decide to be dedicated to the products.