OK-I'm ready

Options
eware13
eware13 Posts: 7 Member
Hello All,
Some time ago my mom needed a kidney. I had a great one for her and the doctors said that if this was going to work, they needed me to loose weight so we could all make sure that I would still be healthy post-op. I understood and this was literally a life or death situation-How's THAT for motivation?
I lost 30 pounds. I have no idea how I did it...thinking back-what the h&\\ did I do?
After surgery I couldn't get around too well. Guess what? GAINED IT ALL BACK.
I got on the scale when I couldn't get into most of my jeans and was so defeated. I guess I shouldn't have been surprised.

My husband still loved me but I wasn't so sure I loved myself. I am latina and love the JLo curves and the sultryness of Eva Mendez. But I'm pretty sure hourglass figures go in at some point...not out.
I want to go to the beach and not hide. I want to go shopping and not dread it. I want my husband (who is no help in this because he has a metabolism that won't take a break and he loves junk food) to be able to pick me up and spin around---the whole sappy movie thing!

So I am still at my UNhappy and UNhealthy weight wanting to drop 75 pounds. Where do I start?
Finally got on-line and am starting to watch what I eat and make smart choices. Well..it's only been a week but I'm hoping that this site can get me moving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wish me LUCK!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• Sherry1979
    Sherry1979 Posts: 457
    Options
    Good luck...you can do this!!
  • flawedandfabulous
    Options
    Getting on this site was step 1, the eating and work outs are really tough, but I think making the choice to be here and do it was the toughest. So, it is kinda all down hill from here girl. Welcome aboard.
  • Newkell
    Newkell Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    you can do it. You did it before losing the 30. This is a great site for motivation and support. Good luck
  • Natp274
    Natp274 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    hey chickee, good on you for taking the step! Add me if you want extra support and someone else to share your blood sweat and tears (well mainly the sweat and tears lol). Go hard, and good luck!

Happy thoughts

N :)
  • eware13
    eware13 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!!!!!! This might be sad-But I totally teared up after checking e-mail etc and then seeing that people had posted. And posted support and welcome! I've never had that support before! Thank you!