Carb crazy

Options
Today was my first day trying out MFP. At the end of the day I have went over my carbs so much but I did not even have any sweets (like I love to have often). How can I change this in the future? Check my food diary please and I'll take any feedback

Replies

• Fitandsexy_fe
    Fitandsexy_fe Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I didn't realize my diary was private. It is now open
  • joanneeee
    joanneeee Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    20g over isn't bad. just get more fibre, fats and protein.
  • MissyFit08
    MissyFit08 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    that's not too bad for your first day! at least you didn't go over on your calories. As long as you have plenty of fruits/veggies, drink alot of water and try to not have too much on the carbs you'll be fine. I've gone over on my carb count a couple times but it hasn't affected my weightloss so far. :-) You're more than welcome to check my diary out. You're talking to the queeeeen of carbs!! But I love my weight loss more!
  • Fitandsexy_fe
    Options
    Yea it's not bad but has one thing that I am wanting to cut back now so I want to be under in the future. Thanks for your input!
  • MissyFit08
    MissyFit08 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    The bread/pasta type carbs are the ones to cut back on. Not the fruits or veggies :bigsmile: Though you should have some now and again just to appreciate.
  • junipuni
    junipuni Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I've just started lowering my carbs to around 130 a day. One thing I did was switch out my 2% milk for Hood Calorie Countdown 2% dairy beverage. Less carbs and sugar. I've also had to eliminate all the yummy bread I would eat. I now do franz 40 calorie whole wheat bread. It is 40 calories per slice, less sugar and carbs. It is definitely not as tasty but I've been able to get used to it. I have also found tortilla alternatives that I can use for wraps or if we are having fajitas or tacos. I don't worry too much if I go over because of fruits but i try to limit it from processed foods. I rarely eat chips or pretzels or even raisins anymore. I LOVE chips but I've gotten used to not eating them. Good luck. It's a process and it's easier if you eliminate or replace things slowly so you don't feel like it's too big of a challenge to do.
  • Fitandsexy_fe
    Options
    I've just started lowering my carbs to around 130 a day. One thing I did was switch out my 2% milk for Hood Calorie Countdown 2% dairy beverage. Less carbs and sugar. I've also had to eliminate all the yummy bread I would eat. I now do franz 40 calorie whole wheat bread. It is 40 calories per slice, less sugar and carbs. It is definitely not as tasty but I've been able to get used to it. I have also found tortilla alternatives that I can use for wraps or if we are having fajitas or tacos. I don't worry too much if I go over because of fruits but i try to limit it from processed foods. I rarely eat chips or pretzels or even raisins anymore. I LOVE chips but I've gotten used to not eating them. Good luck. It's a process and it's easier if you eliminate or replace things slowly so you don't feel like it's too big of a challenge to do.

Those are great suggestions. and I love my pretzels. I have gotten into this habit of wanting something crunchy with lunch always. I got away from chips and thought pretzels was a better alternative. but I switched from 2% to 1% recently and as far as the bread, I will have to look for that in the stores. THANKS!
  • adagolden
    adagolden Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Try flatout wraps, very low carb...and wasa cracker crisps with some toppings are good too...it's great that you have realized what you need to watch and now you can check labels more carefully and make a few changes to help. Good luck
  • junipuni
    junipuni Posts: 264 Member
    Options

Those are great suggestions. and I love my pretzels. I have gotten into this habit of wanting something crunchy with lunch always. I got away from chips and thought pretzels was a better alternative. but I switched from 2% to 1% recently and as far as the bread, I will have to look for that in the stores. THANKS!
    No idea if you'll think this is gross but I love putting chips in my sandwiches. So, sometimes I will just do that since it is only 2 or 3 chips vs. a lot more and I still get that yummy crunch with my sandwich. :)
  • Katie3784
    Katie3784 Posts: 543
    Options
    I think your diary looks great! I don't worry so much about carbs because I am very active, so I need them for energy. It also matters where the carbs are coming from. If you are eating tons of white breads and pastas, then that's not good. But if your carbs are coming from fruits, veggies, and whole grains, I think you are good. I have been eating a diet quite high in carbs, and I have still managed to get to my goal weight and now maintain, so don't really see the problem. You're doing great, girl!
  • Fitandsexy_fe
    Options
    I don't think the crunchy chips is nasty but it is a bit odd. lol. but I will play around with a few of your ideas. thanks again
  • Fitandsexy_fe
    Options
    I think your diary looks great! I don't worry so much about carbs because I am very active, so I need them for energy. It also matters where the carbs are coming from. If you are eating tons of white breads and pastas, then that's not good. But if your carbs are coming from fruits, veggies, and whole grains, I think you are good. I have been eating a diet quite high in carbs, and I have still managed to get to my goal weight and now maintain, so don't really see the problem. You're doing great, girl!

I have steered clear of white bread, pasta, crackers, flour, rice; anything that is white. I now have whole wheat noodles, whole wheat crackers and bread, and brown rice. but I guess I was feeling that the simple carbs that I eat, like the occasional cookie or cupcake or frozen yogurt, is the carbs that I want to cut out or minimize (gotta have my sweets). thanks for the response