i cant eat enough calories...

Options
I try hard to eat 1,400 cals but i just cant i end up going over everything sigh...

should i go back to 1,200?

Replies

• lazywriter
    lazywriter Posts: 90
    Options
    No, you should try to plan your meals ahead of time and find better foods. The answer to over-eating is not to eat nothing.
  • conniie
    conniie Posts: 119
    Options
    No, you should try to plan your meals ahead of time and find better foods. The answer to over-eating is not to eat nothing.

i do plan them. still the same thing sigh... and how is going to 1,500 to 1,200 is nothing? thats how i started my weight loss, 1,200 cals sigh im stuck and it wont come off...
  • crystalmichelle82
    Options
    i had that issue at one point in time but i have found that eating foods high in protein usually are somewhat high in calories, so search for that. Up the calories and do strength/weight training so that you can build muscle, burn fat, and avoid plateau.
  • CaptainMFP
    CaptainMFP Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    It's a balancing act to hit targets and put together a diet that meets caloric goals while also meeting other goals (e.g. carbs, protein, sodium, etc.). I would keep trying and play with what you eat. I'd also echo the planning comment. My breakfasts are typically 90% carb calories (my runs and bike rides follow shortly) but I balance everything out with other meals and snacks...and planning is crucial. If a snack or meal option creates problems I either scrap it (as I did today, subbing some Wasa and homemade jam for an energy bar) or modify. It takes time to learn to plan effectively. I've been doing this successfully for 3 months now but have only really gotten good at balancing everything recently. Don't drop calories needlessly...you can do this!
  • beth40n2
    beth40n2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Yo Yo your calories and your exercies. If you do the same exercise and eat the same amount of calories every day your body will set your metabolism accordingly. Eat a lot one day , then back off the next, switch your work ups.

You have done great.
  • stc74
    stc74 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I'm making myself eat more off & on for a few days and changing my workout, even took today off from heavy workout, just light normal house/yard stuff today.

I really hope this works! I've only got weight to lose! LOL