I'm a slave to the scale

Options
2»

Replies

• IAMQUEEN
    IAMQUEEN Posts: 52
    Options
    I need help as well.... I just call my DH so he would take the battery from the scale "/
  • lissarv68
    lissarv68 Posts: 61
    Options
    When I first started trying to lose weight, I got so depressed because weeks would go by and nothing happened! So I packed the scale away and didn't get it back out till my clothes were falling off. I was stunned to see that I had dropped over 50 pounds.

Now I get on the scale every morning, at the same time.

My issue wasn't dealing with the natural ups and down but more that I got discouraged seeing that all my hard work wasn't paying off. Now I just like to get on it to see the lower number even if it is stubbornly sticking to the same number for a month now.
  • Allyc804
    Allyc804 Posts: 54
    Options
    Ive started hiding my scale when its not a day I want to weigh in, or else im on it every time I go to the bathroom.
  • melindalamb
    Options
    I was the same way, weighing myself everyday. I have decided that I am not going to weigh myself for 5 weeks. I have already passed week 1.
  • ColoradoRobin
    ColoradoRobin Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I like to weigh myself once every day in the morning. I use a free website (physicsdiet.com) to track my weight and determine the moving average (like they do with stock prices), and compute the overall trend. It filters out the noise of daily fluctuations, even with weight going up and down. As long as my weight is below the trend line, it will show a downward trend, even if I did weigh more than the previous day.

My fear of weighing once a week is that my weight will happen to be high on that one day. In fact I have found myself putting off lifting weights because of one of the challenges I'm in that has a set weigh-in day. I always weigh a pound or two more for a few days after I lift due to water & inflammation, and don't want that to be my logged weight for the week. That's one reason I weigh every day. I like seeing the numbers. I can see how my weight fluctuates and try not to let it get me down when it goes up for a few days. The cause is usually pretty obvious, such as high sodium the previous day.

Do what works for you, and take some measurements! The tape measure doesn't lie the way the scale does. I like to try on clothes that were too small and find that they fit now. That always helps. :flowerforyou:
  • lcarter25
    lcarter25 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I am a slave to it but i really hate it - my scales gave me 3 diff readings this morning!
  • JadedAngel_4730
    Options
    not alone. I weight myself every chance I get. Every morning is a definite even though I promised myself I should do it weekly (as it will flucuate very often). there's days I know I ate better than others so i get curious I much I "lost" in that day so i weight myself. I even weigh during the day and before i go to bed. my boyfriend hides the scale but theres been times when I know I ate more than i should have and I panic. then i literally tear the house apart looking for it and usually do find it.....only to end up in tears seeing the numbers between my feet
  • venusmasontheus
    venusmasontheus Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm working with a fitness coach and she recommends daily weigh in first thing in the morning b4 first meal and after first elimination. Works pretty well for me. BTW, I love my new Omron scale that also tells you the BMI and Fat percentages.