Calorie Intake

Options
I am trying to lose weight, as most of us on here are, and I am doing great tracking my food and exercising everyday however I am noticing that I am having a hard time eating as much as should or fulfilling my caloric intake for the day. I am eating and I am not intentionally trying to starve myself, I am just trying to be mindful of what I am eating but what I am noticing is the food tracker telling me almost everyday that my caloric intake is too low. Sometimes I feel as though I have to force myself to eat even though I am really not that hungry. I'm just wondering if anyone else has or is experiencing this? Any advice or just encouragement is appreciated. Thanks!
- Vanessa

Replies

• giaciccone
    giaciccone Posts: 257
    Options
    Sometimes that happens to me.
    On a day that starts out pretty low, I tend to eat meat or pasta for dinner. That usually boosts up my calories a bit. I also try to snack on almonds between meals because those are a great calorie booster too, plus the have lots of healthy fats that keep you fueled & focused! I hope this helped :)
  • finchase
    finchase Posts: 174
    Options
    This happens to me all the time. Like you, I'm not intentionally starving myself, but I'm being really careful what I eat, and I often end up short at the end of the day. I don't feel hungry or undernourished; it makes me wonder if I'm underestimating my portion sizes?
  • change_happens
    Options
    hi. you can have a low calorie day, or even two or three. for me, there are days when i am not that hungry, adn then there are days when i am absolutely starving. so, my high calorie days sews up the caloric gap. it is about the totals at the end of the week, not the total for the day (If that makes sense) :) hop to google and type in staggering calories for weight loss.
  • TranceGirl
    TranceGirl Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I think that your body has a way of letting you know when it needs more nutrients. If you're not hungry, I wouldn't eat until I am. It's not enjoyable forcing food down your throat when you're not hungry. Also chances are if you're not hungry one day, you'll probably be hungrier the next day. Unless you're on medication that suppresses your appetite, I wouldn't try to eat more. When your body needs more, it will ask for it. Hope that helps! :)
  • tramaine81
    tramaine81 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    As long as you are getting around 1200 calories a day, I wouldn't worry about calories. I agree with one of the previous posts, your body will let you know and there will be days that you feel super hungry that will balance out your low days.
    In addition, I am finding that the less processed food and sugar I put in my diet, the harder it is to eat all the time.
  • eternalphoenixx
    Options
    I'm happy I found this thread. Since I started losing weight i'm down 51 lbs. I have 12lbs left to go and joined this site about 12lbs ago.

The fluxations of cravings are weird. I dont even mean like wanting bad foods because my body has become accustomed to eating correctly (even though I have a sweet tooth) it's just some days i'm very hungry and other days like normal im just fine.

I guess it could be my body just trying to balance itself out caloric intake wise. I've noticed now that I only have 13lbs left to lose my body is losing weight EXTREMELY slowly. so I'm going to add a few more calories to my day incase this is what was happening.
  • nessie84
    nessie84 Posts: 6
    Options
    Sometimes that happens to me.
    On a day that starts out pretty low, I tend to eat meat or pasta for dinner. That usually boosts up my calories a bit. I also try to snack on almonds between meals because those are a great calorie booster too, plus the have lots of healthy fats that keep you fueled & focused! I hope this helped :)

Thanks I think this is a really good suggestion, I was thinking that some kind of nutty snack might do good to bring that up!