HELP I need to know...

Options
Okay so I was trying to plan ahead like everyone has been telling me to do...So I'm trying to plan my meal plan for Monday...

...But I'm not sure...
I have heard you are so supposed to have...
Breakfast, Snack, Lunch, Snack, Dinner, Snack

...then i heard you are supposed to have...
Breakfast, Lunch, Snack, Dinner

I'm so confused...how do yall eat?!?!?

I was planning on...
and if I get hungery a small snack

Please help!

Replies

• GettingThin08
    Options
    Okay so I was trying to plan ahead like everyone has been telling me to do...So I'm trying to plan my meal plan for Monday...

...But I'm not sure...
    I have heard you are so supposed to have...
    Breakfast, Snack, Lunch, Snack, Dinner, Snack

...then i heard you are supposed to have...

I'm so confused...how do yall eat?!?!?

I was planning on...
    and if I get hungery a small snack

Please help!
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    I have:
    Breakfast
    Snack (as I go to the gym before lunch, and have to regulate my blood sugar levels)
    Lunch
    Snack (but only if I'm truely hungry)
    Dinner
    Snack (again, only if I'm truely hungry)

Most of the time, I've been rushing about all day, and my stomach thinks my throat's been cut, so I have a snack, even if it's just an apple or a crispbread or two.
  • GettingThin08
    Options
    Thank you so much
  • DjBliss05
    Options
    I've heard that 6 small meals is the way to go.

I really haven't been able to do that.

Usually it is,

Breakfast
    Lunch
    Snack
    Dinner
    Dessert (Like a pudding cup or something)

But it really isn't 6 small meals, because my breakfast, lunch and dinner tend to have more calories than the snacks.

Do what feels right to you. If I try to go low on calories for dinner, I tend to want to chew my arm off and that isn't helpful.
  • NewMK08
    NewMK08 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    My eatting changes every day, just depending on what I have going on. Sometimes that makes it harder to plan and stay within my calories, but I'm finding that it's easier to do as long as I keep quick snacks on hand that I can grab and go! Just get a routine or menu going that easy for you to follow. Good luck!
  • Gator4RTR
    Gator4RTR Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I have

Breakfast - Yogurt
    Snack - Fruit and 1/2 c Cheerios (Honey Nut Rocks)
    Lunch - Salad with 2-3 oz of meat
    Snack - Fruit or Veggies with a dab of dressing
    Dinner - 4-5 oz of meat, 1/2 c cooked veggie, 1/3 c rice or potato product
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    It really is a personal thing. There are some people on here who can eat 6 times a day, spaced 2 to 3 hours apart. I try to get 5 in, but really usually manage 4. But there's other people on here, who stick to 3 meals a day. You just need to find what works for you. If you decide to fit in 5 or 6 meals a day, make sure they are small! That was the hardest thing for me to learn. I was eating regular sized meals, and wondering why I wasn't losing weight. :laugh:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I only plan my 3 meals. But I save a couple hundred calories for snacks throughout the day. I eat them when I'm hungry. As long as you are having 3 meals you are doing alright, just add in snacks when you need them.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    I do breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, snack. It helps keep your metabolism working throughout the day. Plus, for me being diabetic, it helps with controlling blood sugar.
  • vivianamiami
    vivianamiami Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I plan my meals and snacks in advance, about 3 days at a time and package them in large ziplock bags.... Hope this will help. I usually try to have under 1,300 calories in a day.....

Breakfast: Fresh Homemade Slim Fast shake with fat-free milk and protein powder, 1/2 cup of grapes
    Snack: Curves granola bar
    Lunch: 1 cup of low fat soup, 5 crackers and 1 oz. low fat cheese, 1/2 cup of grapes, Slim Fast Meal Bar
    Snack: (only if I'm truly hungry) Applesauce 90 calories
    Dinner: A lean cuisine, 2 cups of salad with fat free salad dressing, yogurt
    Snack Low fat Popcorn 100 calories bag (again, only if I'm truly hungry)

I move around my food as needed, if I feel hungrier throughout the day.... I also am working on switching out my snacks for more protein based nutrition in the following weeks....

127143.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Losing weight in Sunny SFLA~
    Started 01/08/09 with a 12 week goal of 30-40 lbs by 03/31/09
    Have been faithfully recording in my food diary and exercising
  • Dustdevil
    Options
    Breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, Dinner, snack

Works for me!

sometimes my snack between lunch and dinner is a glass of wine while I cook dinner! (My favorite snack!)
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Just remember to not going longer than 3 hours a time. Even if you're not hungry. Nibble on something. That's my problem...I need a "time to eat alarm". Then I go to long and am starving! Just ate Lentil soup, and am stuffed!
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Just remember to not going longer than 3 hours a time. Even if you're not hungry. Nibble on something. That's my problem...I need a "time to eat alarm". Then I go to long and am starving! Just ate Lentil soup, and am stuffed!
    Please ignore.............. I'm going to exercise.:blushing: