lbs vs. inches ??

Options
ive lost weight and people notice, but when i measure myself im at the same measurements i was when i started. how is it that i weigh less, i look skinnier but aren't actually? its really frustrating, what should i be focusing on more the weight or the inches

Replies

• robinmachorro
    Options
    Give it time your gonna be losing weight before you lose inches cuz that's how it was for me too :)
    Good luck!
  • AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Inches.. because the same pound of muscle and the same pound of fat weigh the same.. but the muscle is going to be "toned" and more compact against your body
  • AnathemaRose
    Options
    I'd focus on the inches: Muscle weighs more, so you might weight the same but it's muscle.
  • goldnanoparticle
    goldnanoparticle Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    You may have lost the weight in your face first or other places you aren't measuring. If people are noticing, I say that's a victory in it's own right! As for which you should be more concerned with, I think it depends on your own motivation and goals.
  • achampionsheart
    achampionsheart Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    you should be focusing on how youre FEELING....if you feel healthier, your clothes are fitting better and you know that you are doing positive, healthy things to change yourself, that is what counts.....i know we all want to lose weight, but sometimes it's about the feelings along the way.......
  • dddttt
    dddttt Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Maybe you're not measuring in the same places? But anyway, if people notice - congrats!
  • tramaine81
    tramaine81 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    maybe you are losing weight in the places that you aren't measuring.....