Telling the TRUTH

Options
Lately I have been seeing a lot of people the haven't seen me in years. I am always being asked how did you do it?! So I tell the truth. A LOT OF HARD WORK. I pay attention to what I eat, I exercise and I am honest with myself about both of those things. I do not deprive myself of those cravings that I get, pie, chocolate, and the like. But I do eat those things in moderation.
For some reason many people don't think this is a good answer, they want to hear about a miracle quick fix. But as we all know, there is NO SUCH THING. No magic bullet, no little pill that makes it all better. Where is all the media attention on the homegrown successes; the people who take this seriously and do it right? I am not to my goal yet, but I will get there, just not next week.
I also want to say thanks for all of the support, here and from my friends! LOVE YA!:love::love:

Replies

• HappyathomeMN
    HappyathomeMN Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Lately I have been seeing a lot of people the haven't seen me in years. I am always being asked how did you do it?! So I tell the truth. A LOT OF HARD WORK. I pay attention to what I eat, I exercise and I am honest with myself about both of those things. I do not deprive myself of those cravings that I get, pie, chocolate, and the like. But I do eat those things in moderation.
    For some reason many people don't think this is a good answer, they want to hear about a miracle quick fix. But as we all know, there is NO SUCH THING. No magic bullet, no little pill that makes it all better. Where is all the media attention on the homegrown successes; the people who take this seriously and do it right? I am not to my goal yet, but I will get there, just not next week.
    I also want to say thanks for all of the support, here and from my friends! LOVE YA!:love::love:
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Well Done :drinker:
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    wonderful job you are looking great. :flowerforyou:
  • bigken
    bigken Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    there seems to be all them poeple that want a quick fix there isnt one really, i know my wife has tried mnay of things and alot of money is lost in those MIRACLE products!!!!:sad:
  • DjBliss05
    Options
    I like that answer better than mine, "I exercise and count calories" is my usual.

They usually accept the answer tho, so that is a good thing.
  • alimassa
    alimassa Posts: 275
    Options
    Amen Sista!
    :laugh: :laugh:

(we just wont talk about the food-fest in Mpls a few Sundays back......ohhhhhhh cheese dip)
    :blushing:

Ali
  • cquick
    cquick Posts: 220
    Options
    i completely understand what you mean! why do people always want there to be some miracle pill out there? it's almost as if they can't wrap their minds around they fact that you are busting your booty trying to be healthy...

when i started losing weight, i didn't tell my family that i was exercising because they would wonder why...they whole "i'm doing it for my health and wellbeing" conversation would never fly with them...and when i lost a lot of weight, they asked me if i started taking stackers or had AIDS...unbelievable and disgusting....

anyhow, i'm right there with ya, and i appreciate that you're telling the truth, even to their dismay....keep doing it and educating them, please! and enjoy their raised eyebrows!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Sadly, that's society in general-- EVERYONE wants something for nothing--

Doesn't work that way, does it-- excellent job, and so rewarding to see so many people here who "get" it and are working just as hard as I am-- hooray to all of us.

God bless you today, people!

:flowerforyou:
  • majic
    majic Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Good job on all the hard work!
  • Mahlia
    Mahlia Posts: 190
    Options
    Well done! :drinker:
    And the reason people don't think much of this is because they believe it's too much "hassle" to watch what they eat or take a quick stroll round the block.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I so have this problem.

I was talking to one girl when another joined the conversation. I was mid sentence saying " I eat brocolli....

She said OH I can eat brocolli!

I said yes, but I eat it instead of potato chips!:wink::laugh:

OOOOOOhhhhh :cry:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    BTW Karen, You look GREAT!!!
    0002024A.gif
  • HappyathomeMN
    Options
    Thanks and here's to all the hard work!!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Which I LOVE now btw! I like lifting and running and aerobics, who knew???? Yoga, pilates, bellydancing . . . . . . . I could go on.
  • HappyathomeMN
    Options
    Amen Sista!
    :laugh: :laugh:

(we just wont talk about the food-fest in Mpls a few Sundays back......ohhhhhhh cheese dip)
    :blushing:

Ali

mmmmmm cheese dip :blushing: :blushing:
    It was good, but not for everyday.
  • alimassa
    alimassa Posts: 275
    Options
    I could eat it everyday...

I would have to run miles upon miles to do it, but I could, I tell you!
  • jenninsocal
    Options
    WTG! Don't you feel so much better saying you did it by eating right and exercising? I still get defensive when someone says "Are you still on a diet" and I say, "no" lol. Why is it so hard to believe that people can change, and learn to live a HEALTHY lifestyle.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!