Are there any J-pop fans on here? How about Johnny's Entertainment fans? :D

Replies

• aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Never hear of it. Where are you from?
  • VampireKame
    Options
    I'm from California lol. J-pop is Japanese pop. I don't know why, but I prefer Japanese Pop over American pop xD.
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Stopped drinking sodas about a year ago.
  • VampireKame
    Options
    lol I ment pop music, not soda.
  • PurpleCoookie
    Options
    I like it too but I prefer j-rock.
  • VampireKame
    Options
    Do you listen to Gackt? :]
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    I'm from California lol. J-pop is Japanese pop. I don't know why, but I prefer Japanese Pop over American pop xD.

I'm from california and like jpop too haha. Im actually going to japan for study abroad next year x3 yay!

I prefer kpop, so I LOVE Big Bang when they sing in Japanese. For Jpop (not sung by koreans haha) I like Hata Motohiro, Perfume, and The Gazette, and Hyde a lot!

Feel free to add me as a friend btw.
  • zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    By Johnnys entertainment, do you mean Hey Say JUMP?
  • VampireKame
    Options

I'm from california and like jpop too haha. Im actually going to japan for study abroad next year x3 yay!

I prefer kpop, so I LOVE Big Bang when they sing in Japanese. For Jpop (not sung by koreans haha) I like Hata Motohiro, Perfume, and The Gazette, and Hyde a lot!

Oh my gosh! You're so lucky! haha :) I really wanna study abroad in Japan :)
    I like Perfume! :D I was addicted to Chocolate Disco not too long ago haha.
    K-pop is awesome too! :) do you listen to SHINee?
  • VampireKame
    Options
    By Johnnys entertainment, do you mean Hey Say JUMP?
    Yeah! and also NEWS, KAT-TUN, Arashi etc; :)
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options

Just saw your response! OMG I :heart: Chocolate Disco haha. xD Yes, I feel really lucky to go!

I'm not a big fan of SHINee, but I think my mom likes them, well I know she :heart: Super Junior!

I haven't listened to them for a while, but I should -- I never disliked them, but I guess I was so obsessed with groups like Shinhwa (old) and Big Bang (new) I never gave them a chance. Any suggestions? :D
  • VampireKame
    Options

Just saw your response! OMG I :heart: Chocolate Disco haha. xD Yes, I feel really lucky to go!

I'm not a big fan of SHINee, but I think my mom likes them, well I know she :heart: Super Junior!

I haven't listened to them for a while, but I should -- I never disliked them, but I guess I was so obsessed with groups like Shinhwa (old) and Big Bang (new) I never gave them a chance. Any suggestions? :D

Lol I really like Super Junior! They just released a new song. It's called Mr. Simple. It's sooo catchy!! I think you should listen to it :)
    As for SHINee, I am obsessed with the song Lucifer xD.
  • Tamstar1985
    Tamstar1985 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    j-pop lover here! absolute favourite forever is gackt!! also a fan of dir en grey, though they definitely aren't "pop"... :D even a bigger fan of k-pop! can't go without my super junior or wonder girls~~
  • KazNoms
    KazNoms Posts: 83
    Options
    SODA! lol sorry you made my day

But YESEM! major j-pop fan here!

well actually ! im more of a oshare kei and visual kei fan

but if it came to j-pop i think id rather j-trance! gah love miza! <33 if you dont know what j-trance is check it out here mizca! love her music http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgPDLD256gc&amp;feature=related
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I'm not exactly a J pop fan, but I did listen to it when I lived there. My brother in law is manager or something for Soutaiseiriron. Excellent music, and poppier than it was. My little boy's name is hidden in the jacket of their second album :happy:

Try Hajime Chitose too, for something different... She's Okinawan, I think, and sings with a lilt, a bit like Irish.
  • KazNoms
    KazNoms Posts: 83
    Options
    O,O sounds different but interesting
  • pumpkinmoccasin
    Options
    I like it sometimes (like when I'm playing DDR or if there's an awesome opening/closing sequence for an anime) but I usually don't listen to it outside of these things
  • Maria_Cutie
    Maria_Cutie Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    YEP! Love Jpop, Kpop, and lots of other foreign music. Also, nice picture of Sora :P (Im a sora cosplayer)
  • Maria_Cutie
    Maria_Cutie Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Well, to elaborate from my last post, Ill just list the bands I like:
    Aicle
    Antic Cafe
    Gackt
    Changin my heart
    High and Mighty Color
    SHINEe
    TVXQ (DBSX)
    Girls Generation
    Super Junior
    Vocaloid (anything NOT Miku.)
    Utada Hikaru
    Exsist Trace
    LM.C
    L Arc N Ciel
    Fx
    TM revolution
    BOA
    FLOW
    Orange Range
    Ectect, you get the idea :P
  • peejie
    peejie Posts: 43
    Options
    Utada Hikaru is my favorite Japanese artist. I also adore Ikimono Gakari.