Since Feb 1, 2011

Smittyinthesun2
Smittyinthesun2 Posts: 161
edited September 30 in Success Stories
February 1, 2011 was a banner day, it was the day I decided to take control again of my weight. At the age of 44 I knew my window had closed for making it to the NFL and that a career as a Sumo Wrestler wasn't going to happen either, so why do I need to be this big ? The simple answer is I don't.

From that moment on I have been on a path to losing weight. I knew I had to be in charge of it or I would suffer the same heart attack in 25 years that my Father did 5 years ago when he died at age 69.

My starting weight that day was 430 pounds. I weighed myself on March 4th and I was at 413. On March 5th I went to Universal Studios in Orlando and tried out for the Biggest Loser. For whatever reason they didn't choose me. But I realized, that I didn't need a show to lose weight,or Jillian screaming at me ( I tell you right now I'd tell her to shut the F -up right to her face and see how she likes it)

Yesterday I stepped on the scale again for the first time since March 4th and the scale confirmed what I thought 350 OK OK I was 352 actually. So 78 pounds have gone away in less than 6 months or about 13 pounds a month or a 3.25 pounds a week.
A steady healthy weight loss.

But I can tell you I have put in the time and effort to make this happen. I can tell you there is no quick cure, no easy fix, no drive thru window or 1 hour service. I've walked and biked in my gym for 1,366 miles and burned over 202,000 calories according to my runkeeper.com account since Feb1, and I can't begin to tell you how many laps in the pool I have done. But I take credit for them all, because I earned them, each and every one. You can too!

Yes its hard and yes its slow
Yes I still have another 100 pounds to go.

I cant take it off in a night or a day.
After all it took me 44 years to get this way.

So back to the gym I go with a smile.
I gotta finish walking my one millionth mile !

Replies

• CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Congrats to you!!

Feb 1st was also the day I joined here and I have never looked back :smile:
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Great result - love your attitude and commitment :-)
  • Jeterfan2
    Jeterfan2 Posts: 15
    Great Job!! And with that winning attitude and confidence you will reach your goal and beyond.. Great outlook at it all!! Keep up that great work your an inspiration to us all!!
  • abbie017
    abbie017 Posts: 410
    Congratulations! Your story is so motivating - just what I needed to hear this morning!! :)

You have such a great attitude...those 100 pounds have no chance of staying!
  • felicia8604
    felicia8604 Posts: 274 Member
    That's great! Sorry about ur dad....I also am getting healthy because of a death in my family. My grandma passed away a year and a half ago from a heart attack at the age of 58! So that's been a wake up call for me and plus alot of people in my family have health issues and they also have weight issues so that's my motivation!
  • Ilovedrinkingtea
    Ilovedrinkingtea Posts: 597 Member
    BRAVO, an inspiring story, I wish you luck with the rest of it xx
  • Thanks everyone for the kind words, as you all know to well, its a struggle everyday.

Sometimes you bite the bear, sometimes the bear bites you!

Stay motivated and exercising, good things will happen!
  • MrsSmith1112
    MrsSmith1112 Posts: 169 Member
    Wow! I love your humor and your attitude! So inspiring! From someone else who would like to tell Jillian Michaels where to shove it, I commend you! Great job! Thanks for sharing!!!
  • mindy14456
    mindy14456 Posts: 552 Member
    You are doing such a great job hon, and have been a huge motivator for me!! Looking forward to losing this weight with you my friend!! :)
  • Mindy:

We'll do this together and when we achieve our goals we'll have a big party !

Smit
  • webdiva1
    webdiva1 Posts: 326 Member
    Great story, insanely great attitude. Thanks for sharing. Forward we go!
  • pregmeg119
    pregmeg119 Posts: 151 Member
    Definitely an inspiring story, congrats!
  • RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Congratulations! Great success story.
  • Saksgirl1
    Saksgirl1 Posts: 248
    You continue to motivate me! Congrats on all the weight loss so far!!!!
  • Thanks everyone for your kind words, now go to the gym and workout !
  • clala82
    clala82 Posts: 90 Member
    Good job. And I bet your weight loss is a lot healthier than anything you'd experience on The Biggest Loser! :happy:
  • Very inspiring story! I started MFP in Feb too but have lost a little steam here lately but your story motivated me to get on the tradmill as I had planned to do this morning and STOP procrastinating!
  • I think your right the weight loss on the Biggest Loser is way to fast. Its a TV show it's not the real world !

I'd lke to work Jillian out for a day in a 300 pound fat suit and see how she does !
  • You continue to motivate me! Congrats on all the weight loss so far!!!!

Thanks SAK
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!