tell me i hv to do it

Options
hi all

my lady doctor said... i wont be able to hv another baby if i dont lose weight soon

i know the urgency.. yet...cant motivate myself...:sad: exercise is a nightmare at my weight

and worst thing is.. when i tried and lost first 5 pounds... i was happy and told my husband that i lost 5 pounds..and rather than encouraging me .. he criticised me that its nothing to be happy about..

i simply lost mymotivation....and im trying since then to restart my scedual.. but i donno .. i cannt..

:sad:

what shd i do..........u ppl r my last hope :ohwell:

Replies

• Crystal_Cherry
    Options
    hi all

my lady doctor said... i wont be able to hv another baby if i dont lose weight soon

i know the urgency.. yet...cant motivate myself...:sad: exercise is a nightmare at my weight

and worst thing is.. when i tried and lost first 5 pounds... i was happy and told my husband that i lost 5 pounds..and rather than encouraging me .. he criticised me that its nothing to be happy about..

i simply lost mymotivation....and im trying since then to restart my scedual.. but i donno .. i cannt..

• majic
    majic Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Forget what anyone else says and do this for YOURSELF! You need to be healthy and happy. Those are the only things that matter.

And remember no MATTER what weight you are it's always hard to lose. And 5lbs is a lot of weight.
  • taranichole73
    Options
    Don"t worry about what your husband said. They always say the wrong thing! Look at the beautiful baby you have now and think at the wonderful things that the two of you will get by having another baby. A best friend for life. Someone who will love and cherish you and look up to you forever and always. Also think about how you would want them to take on this challenge. Should your children give up on the things that they want most because of what one person said? Even though your baby is still young, you will have to be the one to set the example. Plus, it is a wonderful thing to take care of yourself for you.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    hi all

Sweetheart--

You're going to have to change your focus, darlin'. If you're doing this for someone or something else, you will always be temped to lose the motivation if they hurt you or make you angry.

I'm losing this weight this time around for ME, ME AND ME-- I'm tired of negativity for being overweight. I've put up with it long enough-- and the health issues were there, too.

Do this because you want to be healthy, feel better, look better for YOU, YOU, YOU.

I'm so sorry to hear your husband was unkind about your loss. But, 5 pounds is major-- please don't be discouraged. He doesn't get it. It IS something to be happy about. And God bless you for coming here to find the encouragement and support you need.

Stay here with us. Post when you need a hug. Ask questions. Tell us your successes. There are some really fine people here who will raise you up when you need it, kick you in the butt if you need it, and give you a laugh when you need it-- just to name a few of the strengths here.

God bless you, CC-- you will find friends here-- so glad you came.

And congratulations on the weight loss-- hang in there.:flowerforyou:
  • Crystal_Cherry
    Options
    Forget what anyone else says and do this for YOURSELF! You need to be healthy and happy. Those are the only things that matter.

And remember no MATTER what weight you are it's always hard to lose. And 5lbs is a lot of weight.

thats what i thought...but i get discouraged very soon......thxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:heart:
  • Crystal_Cherry
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • Crystal_Cherry
    Options
    Don"t worry about what your husband said. They always say the wrong thing! Look at the beautiful baby you have now and think at the wonderful things that the two of you will get by having another baby. A best friend for life. Someone who will love and cherish you and look up to you forever and always. Also think about how you would want them to take on this challenge. Should your children give up on the things that they want most because of what one person said? Even though your baby is still young, you will have to be the one to set the example. Plus, it is a wonderful thing to take care of yourself for you.

awww

is it ur first post?

u r sooooooooo nice
  • Crystal_Cherry
    Options
    hi all

Sweetheart--

You're going to have to change your focus, darlin'. If you're doing this for someone or something else, you will always be temped to lose the motivation if they hurt you or make you angry.

I'm losing this weight this time around for ME, ME AND ME-- I'm tired of negativity for being overweight. I've put up with it long enough-- and the health issues were there, too.

Do this because you want to be healthy, feel better, look better for YOU, YOU, YOU.

I'm so sorry to hear your husband was unkind about your loss. But, 5 pounds is major-- please don't be discouraged. He doesn't get it. It IS something to be happy about. And God bless you for coming here to find the encouragement and support you need.

Stay here with us. Post when you need a hug. Ask questions. Tell us your successes. There are some really fine people here who will raise you up when you need it, kick you in the butt if you need it, and give you a laugh when you need it-- just to name a few of the strengths here.

God bless you, CC-- you will find friends here-- so glad you came.

And congratulations on the weight loss-- hang in there.:flowerforyou:

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :blushing: thxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

i know

thats why i came

feel better already
  • countrybee
    Options
    I agree with Marla...you have to want it for YOU!!! Don't even think about doing it for having another baby. Do it for YOU!! Two years ago my husband told me, he needed to loose weight and that we were both going to do the Adkins Diet.....well he lost his weight real quick it took me awhile to loose 40 pounds, but you know what. I didn't do it for me....I did it for him and wasn't happy cutting alot of foods out of my life. And have gained that 40 pounds back.

So this time, when I went to my dr. I told her I was ready for ME and wanted to do something where I LEARN how to eat right for ME....didn't want to exclude anything. She explained it all about "planning" your day and exercising. I'm doing great at the planning part...just need to plan that exercise part.

Everytime I get on the scale and see something less either alot or a little, I give myself a little pat on the back, from me and for me!!!

I think the biggest key to success....You and You alone have to get to the mindset!!!! I CAN DO IT!!!

Good Luck and remember......DO IT FOR YOU!!!!
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Oh Crystal, your hubby needs a kick up the ****! Here ya go: 107.gif:wink:
    Now please, PLEASE, don't let him get you down - you're doing fantastic, he's probably worried that other men may start to notice you.

I am 224lbs - I waas 248lbs 6 weeks ago - when I used to tell hubby I lost so many pounds, he'd say, hmmm you really must buy a new purse !!!! But now, he says I look sooo much healthier, he wants me to be happy - and the ONLY way I can be happy is to lose this awful weight! (Oh, btw, I just ate a piece of chocolate orange, thought I'd love it, it looked sooo nice, but instead, I now wish I'd left well alone - it was yuckie! (didn't think I would ever say that abotu chocolate - I used to be a chocoholic).

Now as EVERY other fab gal/boy on here agrees, DO IT FOR YOURSELF!!!!! :drinker: :flowerforyou:

Good luck, and KEEP POSTING - good times and bad, or even just for banter - we all like a bit of banter :wink:

:flowerforyou:
  • cristy333
    cristy333 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I would focus on just treating yourself with a healthy lifestyle. Don't focus on this as a diet. Exercise can be very rewarding. If you're not used to it, i would try different types of exercise. Going outside for a walk can be much more refreshing than spending time in the gym. Try different things like dancing classes, outdoors activities like hiking, skating...etc. See what you enjoy. Trying to be a little more active every day will make a world of difference. And remember, what works for someone may not work for you, so always be open minded about all that's out there.

btw, 5 lbs is great. keep it up :happy:
  • mellymlk
    mellymlk Posts: 187
    Options
    I weigh the same as you and if I can do it you can!!!! I lost 5 pounds this week.
    I started working out everyday it was so hard at first. It hurt so bad. But it's only been a week and already exercise is AWESOME!!! It doesn't hurt to bad anymore. Just push hard threw that first week and you WILL feel a HUGE difference. I already hate yucky food. I'm eating so good now because I want to not because I have to. Get some slim fast shakes or protein water. They really help curb your appitite.
    You just have to get threw this first week then you can do it cuz you want to.
  • mellymlk
    mellymlk Posts: 187
    Options
    Also I've seen all these people that started out my weight or bigger and in just 10 months look so freaking awesome!
    Ten months is NO time at All! But you have to start somewhere or you'll never get there.
    My hubby isn't the best at being supportive but that's what I have you girls for.
  • Crystal_Cherry
    Options
    goshhhhhhhhhhhhh :love:

i never knew i will find such huge response from everyone

thxxx everyone...this means a looottttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt to me

i even told my hubby that he needs to be supportive or he will be stuck with a fat wife

and tell u what

he got the point...

today is my baby's first BD... i will allow myself eating everything.. :bigsmile:

TOMORROW IS A NEW DAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

HURRAH PAL POWER

THXXX ALLL AGAIN AGAIN AGAIN AGAIN

LOVE U ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL :flowerforyou:
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I am morbidly obese and I have lost 30 lbs now since I started at the end of August. It does take alot of work but I enjoy going to the gym now. I have a supportive hubby who lets me go whenever I want to but he doesnt compliment me a bunch on my weight loss. I am not sure how much you weigh but I got pregnant when I weighed over 270 lbs. But you only had a baby a year ago. You are still young enough to have one. I am 32 now and she is almost 16 mths old so you have plenty of time. Dont be so hard on yourself. YOu can do it but it will take time.

Connie
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    Awwwwww honey! :brokenheart: Don't let your husband discourage you. 5 lbs is a big step and a wonderful start. It doesn't go on over night and it wont come off that way either. You do this for you. You will feel better and better as you go.:flowerforyou: You'll get more energy, confidence, and you'll look and feel great. Take care of yourself first. If you don't love yourself, no one else will either. :flowerforyou: We're here for you. Welcome :flowerforyou: And this is the best program out there:drinker: Thanks Mike :flowerforyou: :drinker: And when the pounds keep melting you can look at your husband and say raz.gif

And this is what I've got for your husband:

nunu.gifwhack.gif0002014E.gifmachinegunsmilie.gifnunu.gifwifeteeny.gifBeating_A_Dead_Horse.gif

And for you:
    11_2_104.gif
  • Crystal_Cherry
    Options
    Awwwwww honey! :brokenheart: Don't let your husband discourage you. 5 lbs is a big step and a wonderful start. It doesn't go on over night and it wont come off that way either. You do this for you. You will feel better and better as you go.:flowerforyou: You'll get more energy, confidence, and you'll look and feel great. Take care of yourself first. If you don't love yourself, no one else will either. :flowerforyou: We're here for you. Welcome :flowerforyou: And this is the best program out there:drinker: Thanks Mike :flowerforyou: :drinker: And when the pounds keep melting you can look at your husband and say raz.gif

And this is what I've got for your husband:

nunu.gifwhack.gif0002014E.gifmachinegunsmilie.gifnunu.gifwifeteeny.gifBeating_A_Dead_Horse.gif

And for you:
    11_2_104.gif

:bigsmile: thxxx

a lottttttttttttttttttttt

:heart: this means a lot to me