NSV - new 3 mile time

Options
2»

Replies

• beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    my best 3 miles is 45 minutes. LOL! I'm getting there though. COngrats on your new time, it's AWESOME!!!
  • Dabbles
    Dabbles Posts: 367
    Options
    how level of ground are you all running on? I do a 3k in about 36 mins, But I've been building strength with 30 DS. So I'm sure in a couple of weeks it'll get even better. My muscles in my legs have been mush in the lvl 2 of it. I don't push myself that hard though. Try to keep my heart rate in fat burning mode. But I have a good bit of hills I run on. So they kinda knock the wind outta my sail a little bit. I think my run tonight, (If I have the energy, bad night sleeping) I might try to push myself and see just how fast I can do it. I need to find a more flat running surface to see how well I would do then. Might have to try some new scenery. I did do 34 once on dreadmill.
  • Gary6030
    Gary6030 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    my first 5k a month ago was 38:24 but I'm been training with C25K and I was able to run a flat mile in 9:45 which was huge for me. Currently trying to get under 30 minutes before the Hell Run!
  • Gary6030
    Gary6030 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    What is DS?
  • spareparts79
    spareparts79 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Good job to everyone. It is not about how fast you finish. You should be proud you set a goal and finished it!

My best 5k race time is 24:40. Friday I did a 5.5 mile training run and hit 5k @ around 22:30. This has me actually looking forward to my next 5k race, or possibly a 10k?!
  • walkerboyboy
    walkerboyboy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    The route I took seems quite flat except for a hill at the beginning and the end, micoach says that I get to 23 feet above sea level at one point, but I don't believe it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!