Massachusetts/Rhode Island Members Read This

Options

Replies

• ama2414
    ama2414 Posts: 24
    Options
    From the South Shore- Definitely interested in this! Great idea!
  • giammarcor
    giammarcor Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    So, here's what I'm thinking. I can try to find a restaurant that specializes in healthy foods and see if they have some type of a large room or area that we can reserve for a given evening. Then we can meet up there and have a healthy meal, maybe a cocktail or two (for those who are so inclined..me included) and perhaps introduce ourselves, tell a little bit of our stories to help inspire each other and maybe learn a few things. Thoughts on this idea?
  • erinoldham19
    Options
    sounds great i'm excited..
    i'm thinking this could really be a great thing for all of us.. idk if others agree but if anyone has before pictures to bring that would be great to see.. and maybe we can take a group before picture and meet again periodically to be with others who hold us "accountable" we can have a progess photo and have a great network of local support filled with people who understand..
    its also a way for us to maybe find workout buddies! thanks for getting this going, im excited can you tell? lol
  • MsRobin_TheSequel
    MsRobin_TheSequel Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm in CT.....Close enough :happy:
  • Karleyyy
    Karleyyy Posts: 857
    Options
    Hmph. I am from Maine....pretty close!
  • ama2414
    ama2414 Posts: 24
    Options
    That sounds great! Erin- great idea with the group before picture! I think that'll give us some great motivation!
  • giammarcor
    Options
    I think one of the biggest challenges is going to find a place that is fairly centrally located. There's folks from all over RI & MA and now some from other New England states, too. Whew, that's gonna tough to figure out.
  • erinoldham19
    Options
    not only will location be a tough one but when will be a tough one too.. anyone have ideas to help our leader out? worst case scenario we can plan a huge pot luck picnic, then we have to worry about weather but thats an idea as well..
  • Bigpelly8
    Bigpelly8 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    yet again...bump
  • Kagard11
    Kagard11 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Central Mass here! That sounds awesome!
  • Kagard11
    Kagard11 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    not only will location be a tough one but when will be a tough one too.. anyone have ideas to help our leader out? worst case scenario we can plan a huge pot luck picnic, then we have to worry about weather but thats an idea as well..
    That sounds awesome!
  • iwannawearatutu
    iwannawearatutu Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm near Boston, but I don't drive so I would not be able to make it unless it was T accessible - but I am interested!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I am not from Massachusetts or Rhode Island, and I read this. Muahahahaha! No one can stop me!
  • crazymama2two
    Options
    heather's a brat.

bump.

and we should take a poll on the actual part of MA/RI we are all from cause we know a lot of MA borders RI...and since im in RI i want it closer to me *muahahahahah*
  • Bigpelly8
    Options
    heather's a brat.

bump.

and we should take a poll on the actual part of MA/RI we are all from cause we know a lot of MA borders RI...and since im in RI i want it closer to me *muahahahahah*

selfish........but I like your sryle!
  • giammarcor
    Options
    Sorry I've been slacking on this. I'm actually now giving some thought to having a couple of these strewn about the state. One out this way in Southern MA to accomodate RIers, too. Then another more centrally MA located. Naturally, anyone can come to either, but it's just tough to find a spot that will be good for everyone to get to.

Thoughts, idea, opinions?
  • Bigpelly8
    Options
    Splitting it up would be fine for me. I know there are a handful in RI/Southern Mass that would be interested.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Sorry I've been slacking on this. I'm actually now giving some thought to having a couple of these strewn about the state. One out this way in Southern MA to accomodate RIers, too. Then another more centrally MA located. Naturally, anyone can come to either, but it's just tough to find a spot that will be good for everyone to get to.

Thoughts, idea, opinions?

I know the owner of a restaurant in Lynn, right on the beach, that has a function room. Dunno how much it would cost, but I know it would be a big discount, nice place too. Let me know if you want to do something on the north side of the city.
  • erinoldham19
    Options
    how about we start with figuring out a day where most people can get together..

im easy...i am avail anytime
  • SuzMac1981
    SuzMac1981 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Oh heyyyy, I am in Waltham, MA (15 mins west of Boston) but originally from Hopedale, MA (near the Woonsocket, RI border)! I'd love to get involved!