30 DS

Options
cmDaffy
cmDaffy Posts: 6,991 Member
So, someone tell me about this Jillian Michael program; what do I need, how do you like it, etc...

I run, elliptical, cybex, bike and lift. I also dance, do yoga, and have thought about taking a boxing class. I'm always looking for something new and different to try... I thought about PX90, but I don't want to spend that kind of money just to keep boredom away. And since I can get 30DS for under a 10 spot, I thought, "why the Hell not?!"

I've only read one review of someone who did NOT like 30 DS, so I KNOW people are loving it, but for most of you, were you doing something already exercise-wise, or is this the first time you've really been active?

Thanks, in advance. I look forward to hearing your stories.

Replies

• AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I love it! You need hand weights and a mat for the floor. That's it! I don't do it everyday. I aim for 3-4 times a week so it is taking me much more than 30 days to complete. I am in level 3 now and just about done, 8 days left for "30 days" It is a great workout in a short period of time. I have had no problems with it and I ahve seen some major definition in my shoulders!
  • DixieDarlin1987
    DixieDarlin1987 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I did the 30 Day Shred, as well as several other Jillian dvds and LOVE them! I started the shred as soon as my doctor cleared me to workout after having my son and I got amazing results. Here's the link to my success story pics if your interested
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/247123-15lbs-down-w-embarrassing-underwear-shots-eek?hl=embarrassing+underwear&page=1#posts-3264146

So yeah, I would definitely recommend it! If you keep you diet in check and kick butt at every workout, you'll definitely get you 10 bucks worth!
  • Kalrez
    Kalrez Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    30DS can be done by relative beginners and by more physically advanced people. JM has two girls doing the moves behind her - one modified, one not. If you're already active, you can do the more advanced moves.

If you happen to have Exercise TV on demand, you can try it for free. Time-Warner and a few other cable companies have that as an option. I tried it that way for two days before I got the DVD.
  • Aireyma
    Aireyma Posts: 55
    Options
    I love it too!! The thing that works for us (my boyfriend does it with me!!) is that it's short. 20 minutes. she continues to keep you moving for the whole 20 mins.

before we had hand weights we went ghetto with it and used soup cans!! So grab some weights (or soup) and hit the floor. You'll only need a mat if you're working out on a hard surface!!

happy shredding!!!
  • BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I really really like it. Before I only ever did cardio and didn't always push myself THAT hard, I would go for time rather than intensity. I'm on day 5 of level 2 and so far I have lost 5 pounds (**although, I also work at a barn 5 days a week). It busted me out of my plateau and keeps me honest about strength training! I also LOVE that it is only 20 minutes... there really are no excuses for not doing it unless you have an injury.
  • cmDaffy
    Options
    30DS can be done by relative beginners and by more physically advanced people. JM has two girls doing the moves behind her - one modified, one not. If you're already active, you can do the more advanced moves.

If you happen to have Exercise TV on demand, you can try it for free. Time-Warner and a few other cable companies have that as an option. I tried it that way for two days before I got the DVD.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm going to try it for a few days from Netflix! YOU ROCK!!
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I tried it and could not believe how it really firms you up! great workout. I finished it and have now moved on to her Ripped in 30, still in week 1.
  • thin4life67
    thin4life67 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I love it but have to modify it because of my knees :(
    All you need are some hand weights and a mat if working out on a hard surface.
  • cmDaffy
    Options
    Thanks, Miss Bette!
  • thin4life67
    thin4life67 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Oh and make sure you take before/after pics and measurements.
  • cheshirechic
    cheshirechic Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    There are enough beginner and advanced modifications that you won't feel bored or unchallenged. I did it after Insanity, haha.