Why does everyone bug ya when your sick??

Options
I have been sick since last Thursday Oct 30th. Went to the doctor this past Thursday the 6th and she told me not to go back to work until Monday.

Infected and contagious....

Got a steroid shot, Muscinex and Antibiotics...

Needless to say, all I have heard is how to eat??

Eating a lot when you are sick is really not a good thing.

I posted on here last week you you all about eating, and the verdict was in, don't eat a lot nad eat chicken soup. I so hank you for that!!!

But as for family, geez,.......

I am getting better food wise and all, but what can ya do? It's family. I am learing not to answer the phone.

Plus when family finds out your home, does it not seem like they want you to do something for them?? Even when your sick. I have been asked to run to the store and make calls and cut hair.

That makes me want to snack, but I haven't. I just redid my answer machine msg that was ill and bed rest from my doctor.

Tee Hee Tee Hee

Replies

• elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    I have been sick since last Thursday Oct 30th. Went to the doctor this past Thursday the 6th and she told me not to go back to work until Monday.

Infected and contagious....

Got a steroid shot, Muscinex and Antibiotics...

Needless to say, all I have heard is how to eat??

Eating a lot when you are sick is really not a good thing.

I posted on here last week you you all about eating, and the verdict was in, don't eat a lot nad eat chicken soup. I so hank you for that!!!

But as for family, geez,.......

I am getting better food wise and all, but what can ya do? It's family. I am learing not to answer the phone.

Plus when family finds out your home, does it not seem like they want you to do something for them?? Even when your sick. I have been asked to run to the store and make calls and cut hair.

That makes me want to snack, but I haven't. I just redid my answer machine msg that was ill and bed rest from my doctor.

Tee Hee Tee Hee
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

Tee Hee Tee Hee
    way to take care of yourself elliott!! smart idea:drinker: Take good care and feel better....:huh: :wink:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    I just redid my answer machine msg that was ill and bed rest from my doctor.

Tee Hee Tee Hee

You know-- we have a very basic answering machine that promises nothing-- "Hello, you've reached the home of Keith and Marla. Please wait for the tone and leave your message. Thanks. Bye."

I'm not going to say, "Sorry I can't get to the phone, or take your call, or that I missed you." Maybe I'm not. If it's family, you can bet your sweet bippy I'm pretty stinkin' tickled I missed your call. Sorry is the last word I'd use.

I'm not going to say, "Leave a message and I'll get back to you as soon as I can," because I may not want to call you at all.

So, in keeping with my lovely, and so oft admired blunt, black and white view of the world-- say what I mean and mean what I say-- we have the bottom line of all voice mail-- wait for the tone, leave your message. Boom. Short and sweet.

Elliott-- feel better. :flowerforyou:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    I just redid my answer machine msg that was ill and bed rest from my doctor.

Tee Hee Tee Hee

You know-- we have a very basic answering machine that promises nothing-- "Hello, you've reached the home of Keith and Marla. Please wait for the tone and leave your message. Thanks. Bye."

I'm not going to say, "Sorry I can't get to the phone, or take your call, or that I missed you." Maybe I'm not. If it's family, you can bet your sweet bippy I'm pretty stinkin' tickled I missed your call. Sorry is the last word I'd use.

I'm not going to say, "Leave a message and I'll get back to you as soon as I can," because I may not want to call you at all.

So, in keeping with my lovely, and so oft admired blunt, black and white view of the world-- say what I mean and mean what I say-- we have the bottom line of all voice mail-- wait for the tone, leave your message. Boom. Short and sweet.

I LIKE THAT "Marla" b/w, to the point, snap out of it...YUP that's my MARLA:heart: ....probably why we get along so well:bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Marla, I'm laughing hard right now, thank you!

Our answering machine, in an excited radio anouncer's voice says...
    "Congratulations, you're caller number 8, and that makes you a winner! And by winning, you get the chance to leave your name, your number, and even the chance to say why you called! If you're really lucky we might even call you back! Thanks for playing phone tag!"

We've had some of the kid's friends call and they don't leave their name (thank goodness for caller ID), just a message that our answering machine is creepy. :laugh:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: