WARRIOR DASH! Pics Attached :)

Options
JennaM222
JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
I participated in my first WARRIOR DASH this weekend. It was AWESOME! The course was set up at Afton Alps ski resort. Right off the bat we battled what seemed like the longest hill of my life. Then came the obstacles...Climbing over junk yard cars, running through a typhoon, Wall climbing, crawling under barbed wire, Jumping over fire, and lastly...the mud pit! It was SO fun - you forgot you were running 3 point something miles. My sister and I completed the course in 44 minutes, and our time was ranked 3,000 out of the 10,000 who completed in our age group. My mother (see below) was ranked 45th in her age group - I think that is pretty awesome. Unfortunately, I dont have a pic of myself covered in mud yet, but I am sure you can get an idea!

252176_10150264921114601_506229600_7688475_5167132_n.jpg

My little monster AVA says she wants to be a warrior some day!

254369_10150264836144601_506229600_7687481_6257188_n.jpg

NewImage.jpg

Dont be afraid of this race! It was a blast!! And you get these awesome horns!

Happy Monday!

Jenna

Replies

• iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Cannot see the pics...I am sure you had fun though.
  • JennaM222
    Options
    there we go! pics above!
  • alucard75
    alucard75 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    i want to do one of these so too oneday...one might be close to me
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    there we go! pics above!
    Nice...I cannot wait until January to say I did it. Then off to Tough Mudder.
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    That looks super fun! And what a sweet hat! hah
  • SeanC86
    SeanC86 Posts: 88
    Options
    You must live in Minnesota or Wisconsin. A bunch of my friends did this. I look forward to it next year. haha
  • bugnbeansmom
    bugnbeansmom Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    My first is in three weeks! Was it exhausting or just so fun that you didn't really care?
  • aprilgicker
    aprilgicker Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I would love to do something like that. My husband and I ran a hash in Hawaii It was on a mountain with bamboo as big as my thigh and rock cliffs.
    I am no where close to being fit, so I was a slower runner. But I was still going fast enough to get the rush.

Great stuff. Love the mud! it is a great way for shoes to die.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I'm doing one in September. I'm not in the shape I need to be to do it, but I'm going to try it anyway! Looks like way too much fun to let something like a little extra fat stop me!
  • mrowrmeowmrowr
    mrowrmeowmrowr Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    This looks SOOO fun!
  • MelissaRaeTerry
    MelissaRaeTerry Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I plan on doing that when I get back to the states.. There one over in the UK its called the tough guy race... I wanted to do that but I leave before it starts!
  • CynthiaS
    CynthiaS Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    woo looks like ya'll had a blast nice photos ;)
  • JennaM222
    Options
    My first is in three weeks! Was it exhausting or just so fun that you didn't really care?

The only hard part was the hills, but alomost everyone walked up them, and once we got to the top we started to run again! It is more fun than anything, not a serious race at all. All ages, shapes, and sizes ran this one! Great to do with a group of friends!
  • HappyathomeMN
    HappyathomeMN Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I was in the 9am Saturday wave and you are so right - IT WAS AWESOME!!!! The obstacles were a much needed break from the killer hills! The most fun in any race I have ever done!!

Congrats on your great finish!
  • 1medicwife
    1medicwife Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    That looks like SOO much fun! Congrats on completing and ranking so well!! Rock those horns, girl!
  • rgustin
    rgustin Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I am doing the dash in Indiana in just a few weeks....I can't wait!!!:tongue:
  • chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I did the AZ one back in April. Good times!
  • dgilner
    dgilner Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    So excited to read about your race. I am scheduled for 11 am on Sunday here in Kansas City!!! I cannot wait! Congrats on an awesome finish!
  • kerriknox
    kerriknox Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I can't see them either! Sounds like fun though
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Wow! Your mud there is so BLACK! It looks more like y'all crawled through a tar pit!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!