Love = Weight gain?

Options
2»

Replies

• TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Hmm, perhaps for people who *aren't* trying to lose weight they may be more prone to gaining while smitten with someone. The last guy I dated (we broke up a few weeks ago) was a health nut and very into working out and cooking healthy dinners for us so I kept right on track with my goals. Heck probably better than before I met him since we'd go out a lot for walks downtown and in the park.

Oh and once we broke up I lost my appetite for a few days so does heartbreak=weight loss? I think I've found the cure to obesity!:laugh:
  • CherrySunday
    CherrySunday Posts: 301
    Options
    This has happened to me too, with nearly every boyfriend I've ever had -- I think it's just the whole nesting instinct you get going with someone; I don't know why it happens. I had the same thing with my husband too (we've been married almost 10 years, together for 12), but you know what: You CAN change it -- instead of feasting together, workout together -- instead of ordering pizza and pigging out -- go for a walk. That's what we've done over here with fabulous results so far!
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I think it's a matter of comfort level too. You don't need to impress anyone, you already got the guy/girl, so you start to slack off!

This!! You get comfortable, and that's when the weight comes on.