Is this weird????

ChubbyBunny
ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
Since cutting WAY back on workouts, due to not feeling well or being too busy, and staying close to my calories I have lost more weight then I normally do when I work out 5-6 days a week for 50-60 minutes a day!!!!

Does that seem off? I've always worked out and kept the same weight but now that I am not doing it as much....poof... maybe I am just a freak of nature.

:huh:

Replies

• ChubbyBunny
    Since cutting WAY back on workouts, due to not feeling well or being too busy, and staying close to my calories I have lost more weight then I normally do when I work out 5-6 days a week for 50-60 minutes a day!!!!

Does that seem off? I've always worked out and kept the same weight but now that I am not doing it as much....poof... maybe I am just a freak of nature.

:huh:
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    could you have been over estimating your calories from working out? Did you eat all of you exercise calories? Maybe just the change in habit helped you increase your metabolism....
  • ChubbyBunny
    I always wore a HRM when I worked out.
    I didn't gain weight and I toned up crazy.... but I'd only lose 1/2 lb a week....rarely more.
    I sometimes wouldn't be able to get in ALL of my exercise calories, but I would get really close on the few days I didn't.

I'll be honest, the change has been great for me in some ways....but in others...not so hot. I deal with stress through working out and so...I need to find a NEW outlet for that. :laugh:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    could you have been over estimating your calories from working out? Did you eat all of you exercise calories? Maybe just the change in habit helped you increase your metabolism....

You know what they say about a gift horse, Bunny-- no,no!!

giftHorse.jpg

Congrats on the two pounds!!!!!!!!!!
  • ChubbyBunny

You know what they say about a gift horse, Bunny-- no,no!!

giftHorse.jpg

Congrats on the two pounds!!!!!!!!!!

:laugh: Thanks!
  • cquick
    cquick Posts: 220
    damn, i wish that would've happened to me! :noway:

i think she's right, you're metabolism must've needed this break, and it's taking advantage of it...if you start gaining again or you plateau, maybe it's time to get back into the excercising regularly for a few months and increasing your calories, then go back to a "normal" lifestyle and curb your caloric intake?

the body is such a mysterious thing...:drinker:
  • kirstina_23
    kirstina_23 Posts: 448 Member
    Its probably what your body needed. A nice shock! Sometimes if you excersise to much you just can muscle(sp) and toning no loosing of fat! So congrats on the two pounds and mix things up.
  • ChubbyBunny
    I'll have to re-vamp my workouts....cause I gotta work out.
    It just wouldn't be...normal....if I didn't do SOMETHING....maybe start walking more....
    Hmmmm.....
  • maybe you're losing muscle
  • Your body tends to hold onto weight when you are on a heavy workout cycle, protecting itself. Now that you've gotten off the heavy calorie burn, your body can do with less.
  • I was thinking maybe it is a fluid thing?

I weight myself daily and notice that it tends to go up a little after days that I work out. Especially if I work out really hard.
  • ChubbyBunny
    I don't weigh myself much.... once a week...some times every other week.
    I guess I could be losing some muscle, but looking at me...it's doubtful and limited.
  • Cassia
    Cassia Posts: 467 Member
    it might be weird but thats great!! Maybe you just shocked your meto. You might have pulled out of a mini platue (sry i really don't know how to spell) :flowerforyou: congrats
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    The same happens to me...I generally attribute it to holding less glycogen and water due to decreased activity. It almost always comes back when I get back on track, unless (like now) I'm undereating a lot each day because of extenuating circumstances. Then I lose some legitimate weight.
  • ChubbyBunny
    The same happens to me...I generally attribute it to holding less glycogen and water due to decreased activity. It almost always comes back when I get back on track, unless (like now) I'm undereating a lot each day because of extenuating circumstances. Then I lose some legitimate weight.

So, I shouldn't count on those 2lbs staying gone if I plan on working out......
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member

Well, I wouldn't 'count' them unless they stay gone after a week or so of working out. I only have counted mine since I know I'm undereating and even after going all out and eating a bunch of HG choco chip cookies, my weight hasn't returned to previous levels. But I won't be surprised if it does when I start eating again.
  • This happened to me... I was maintaining at 198 and working out 4 days a week for about a hour each day... I wasn't losing. I haven't been able to work out much in the past 3 weeks bc of school and my mom, and I've lost about 4 lbs. It's weird. I'm starting back up at the gym on Monday, so hopefully I'll continue losing! Hope things work out!
  • ChubbyBunny

Well, I wouldn't 'count' them unless they stay gone after a week or so of working out. I only have counted mine since I know I'm undereating and even after going all out and eating a bunch of HG choco chip cookies, my weight hasn't returned to previous levels. But I won't be surprised if it does when I start eating again.

Dang it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!