SBF, Reboot Boogaloo, July 25

Options
2»

Replies

• Livi_Loves_Pink
    Options
    Hey guys! So sorry for not being around, things have been super busy. Hubby and I met with a Realtor yesterday to talk about buying a house (we're so sick of renting, and SO sick of apartment life). We went to view some today, thinking we'd spend a month or two trying to find one we liked. Well....we found the PERFECT place today. We're jumping on it so we don't lose our chance. We just got a pre-approval for a home loan and we're meeting with our agent tomorrow and will submit an offer! I can't believe it's happening so quick, but I'm very excited!

I've been feeling a little better energy-wise. My eating was off yesterday though, we spent hours in the hot car driving around to narrow down what houses to view with the agent today. Then I came home and ate ice cream. :ohwell: And I didn't exercise.

But still, things are looking good! I'll try to be around more! :flowerforyou:

Excited, boogaloo. :bigsmile:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Great news, Livi!

Congratulations, Mary 17 years is amazing, and I hope you celebrate all week, in the manner of a birthday.:smile:

I just found out that Sunday Zumba is cancelled for the next 3 weeks.:grumble: So, I may go to the gym later. I'm considering getting on a spin bike and pretending I'm outside (and it's not 90 degrees +). I forget that the city all but shuts down for August, or at least my neighborhood, where a lot of folks are rich enough to have summer houses up farther North flee the city. I enjoy it, because my vacation is an uncrowded neighborhood, but it's a bummer that most gyms cancel a lot of classes during August. Talk about "first world problems", huh? "Oh, no I have to go to my other gym, or exercise in the comfort of my own air conditioned home to a Zumba DVD." I am spoiled, and trying not to be a brat.:wink: "also, there are no crowds anywhere. . .boo, hoo.":laugh: (this is a game my husband and I have been playing lately when we complain about problems that are not problems.) Warning:this game doesn't work with actual problems.

Today is work and rest other than that. I have to get a "how to finish this dang chapter, for real" plan in place. I've considered even abandoning it and working on another one for a bit, but I will give it one big push before I do. I want to stay on target, so to speak.

problems that are not problems, boogaloo.:flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,696 Member
    Options
    Livi, that's awesome about the house! I hope you get it!

Mary, 17 years IS awesome. And we celebrate with food too. :tongue: Partially because it's cheaper than traveling to a beach, although that would be what we prefer.

V, Russians do the same thing during the summer. They send all the orphans to summer camp somewhere and the orphanage workers, as well as judges and higher up people, leave the city for their country homes. Even our driver/translator/etc has his own summer home in the country. Lucky!

Well I slept really good last night other than the hour and a half I was awake with more leg cramping. :grumble: I'm going to try to stretch more today and eat bananas. I wish I knew what was going on. I was going to wear my new high heels this weekend too. :frown: But that's not a good idea.
    My sister goes home today. :cry: We have had so much fun and she helped me so much with the house. We packed several boxes yesterday. She kept saying, "Let's get started over here now," or "just a few more boxes." It helped. We giggled and giggled last night because we were so tired. I will miss her.
    Goals today: not to pig out at lunch, enjoy church this morning, pack some more but maybe get in some down time as well, stretch my legs, and try a heating pad on it. Ice didn't work last night, so we'll try heat today, or maybe both.
    Enjoy each moment boogaloo.
    MM
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the new house, Olivia!
    Try to stay out of the, er, heat? V:wink:
    I think lack of magnesium can cause leg cramps, MM. Dark leafy greens and edamame (or tofu) has a magnesium.

Weird experience at the restaurant last night - I didn't finish a single course - not a one. I believe that's an all time first. First course: zucchini vichyssoise (I shouldn't have ordered), second: vegetable crepes filled with risotto (rice), topped with micro greens and mushrooms (I ate the crepe, greens, mushrooms, and tomato sauce, left the rice), third: flourless chocolate cake with chocolate gelato (finished the 2 tablespoons of gelato and about 1/2 the small cake), also had almost 2 pieces of focaccia. Shocking, I tell you, shocking.
    I got two hours of yoga practice in yesterday as well as a short walk. I'm having a hard time watching "How to Train Your Dragon" - odd, I know. It's really an humane education movie, so I'm picturing dogs, cats, and horses, rather than dragons. I've seen some major animal abuse movies as well, but this kid's movie is bugging me.

Anyhoo, today: bike ride, yoga.

Can't watch a children's film, boogaloo.
  • Livi_Loves_Pink
    Options
    Just a quick post, have lots to do...but wanted to say I had a very hard time watching "How to Train Your Dragon" too, Mary. I actually cried, and ran out of the room several times! :laugh: And even though it's a kids movie I was still scared the dragon would die. :ohwell:

Today it's housework then the appointment with our agent! So excited!

Had a -very- bad eating day yesterday. 100% back on track today, and I will NOT let it lead into a guilt cycle. This was just one weekend out of many, many weekends in my life. No big deal.

Back on track, boogaloo.