Stay away from McDonalds

mellymlk
mellymlk Posts: 187
edited September 19 in Food and Nutrition
I went swimming for an hour and I went to the gym for 40 minutes. So I decided I'd get a snack from McDonalds.

WELL I got a Grilled Chicken Snack wrap and I didn't even get the sauce on it.
Here I am thinking I'm eating good.
250 calories and 8 grams of fat!!! AND NO Sauce. WOW! I will never eat fast food again.

Thought I'd share the healthiest thing on there menu and how it's still not that great for you : ) Not that 250 calories is really bad but when it's this tiny little wrap it sure is :noway:

Replies

• mellymlk
    mellymlk Posts: 187
    I went swimming for an hour and I went to the gym for 40 minutes. So I decided I'd get a snack from McDonalds.

WELL I got a Grilled Chicken Snack wrap and I didn't even get the sauce on it.
    Here I am thinking I'm eating good.
    250 calories and 8 grams of fat!!! AND NO Sauce. WOW! I will never eat fast food again.

Thought I'd share the healthiest thing on there menu and how it's still not that great for you : ) Not that 250 calories is really bad but when it's this tiny little wrap it sure is :noway:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    I agree with you... BUT you can do alright at Mcdonalds. I kind of like their chicken fajitas. I get 2. I follow it with a yogurt parfait. Comes out to around 600 cals total but thats a whole dinner and dessert and it's rare. Everything can be prepared healthier if you make it at home... but not everyone has time to do that ALL the time. :flowerforyou:
  • rlong
    rlong Posts: 1
    we went to Wendy's for dinner before the movies the other night and we got the ultimate grilled chicken combo but we got the small chili instead of fries and the light lemonade it came to 605 I think. That was dinner and we both knew that that was were we were going. Wend's small chili is 220 calories. It's really good too.
  • Dollar menu salad and vinaigrette dressing is about 80 calories total. Other than salads it probably best to just stay away from fast food in general.
  • My dietician told me it was ok to have fast food every once in awhile, as long it doesn't put you way over in calories, or whatever you are watching, for that day. She told me if I wanted fast food....plan my day for it. So what I do, is figure at the beginning of the day what I want to get, and work the rest of the days calories around it. It seems to be working for me.
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    I went to BK the other day and I had a kids meal with a cheeseburger, apple fries and a choc. milk. Filled me up and I didn't break 500 calories. :bigsmile:
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Yeah..I found out the hard way, too. Except I got the spicy chicken snack wraps at Wendy's...320 calories and 900mg sodium...FOR ONE!!!!!!!!:explode:
  • yea fast food is tricky! I always get grilled everything, but I am surprised the little snack wrap was so much. It is tiny! The regular cheeseburger is around there too. I get the grilled chicken sandwich, no mayo, and it is 200-something, but MUCH more filing
This discussion has been closed.