Went shopping today...

Options
and bought lots of stuff to help with my MFP program.

First, I got a Polar F6! I was so excited about the possibility of finding out that I was actually burning more calories than I thought. Turns out, that wasn't the case. :grumble: But at least I am being more accurate now and that is a good thing.

Second, I got a biggest loser scale. I was so excited about the possibility of finding out that a new scale might weigh me lower than the old one. Turns out, it doesn't work like that. :grumble: I weighed a full 6 pounds more on the new one! After using it once, the battery died. I will try again with a new battery. Not sure I am a big fan of biggest loser scales... seems like it wasn't really worth the money.

BUT I also decided to try on clothes at Target. I bought two pairs of pants back in September in size 18 and they are great considering it is way cheaper than Lane Bryant. I figured maybe it would be ok to try a 16 this time. (a comfortable size 16 is my first goal for christmas!) AND THEY ZIPPED UP! Hehe. I was so excited. I also got a cute shirt in a XXL and it made me look really thin. It wasn't even from the plus size section! :glasses: So, I have decided that I'm not quite in a size 16... some things fit and some don't stand a chance, but I am really darn close. I took those jeans home b/c I know they will look amazing in 5 more pounds.

I needed a little boost today and even though everything didn't work out as planned today, I feel really good. Oh! And guys working at the sporting goods store may even have been flirting with me! So crazy... I love that all this hard work is really starting to show up. :love:

Replies

• DjBliss05
    Options
    and bought lots of stuff to help with my MFP program.

First, I got a Polar F6! I was so excited about the possibility of finding out that I was actually burning more calories than I thought. Turns out, that wasn't the case. :grumble: But at least I am being more accurate now and that is a good thing.

Second, I got a biggest loser scale. I was so excited about the possibility of finding out that a new scale might weigh me lower than the old one. Turns out, it doesn't work like that. :grumble: I weighed a full 6 pounds more on the new one! After using it once, the battery died. I will try again with a new battery. Not sure I am a big fan of biggest loser scales... seems like it wasn't really worth the money.

BUT I also decided to try on clothes at Target. I bought two pairs of pants back in September in size 18 and they are great considering it is way cheaper than Lane Bryant. I figured maybe it would be ok to try a 16 this time. (a comfortable size 16 is my first goal for christmas!) AND THEY ZIPPED UP! Hehe. I was so excited. I also got a cute shirt in a XXL and it made me look really thin. It wasn't even from the plus size section! :glasses: So, I have decided that I'm not quite in a size 16... some things fit and some don't stand a chance, but I am really darn close. I took those jeans home b/c I know they will look amazing in 5 more pounds.

I needed a little boost today and even though everything didn't work out as planned today, I feel really good. Oh! And guys working at the sporting goods store may even have been flirting with me! So crazy... I love that all this hard work is really starting to show up. :love:
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    great work!

Doesn't it feel wonderful to try on clothes in smaller sizes?

I know it's an ego booster for me.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Congrats, sounds like a productive day! Trying on clothes is my new favourite thing to do! :laugh: Hello size 10!

Oh and boot that new scale out the window and stick with the old one! nobody needs to gain 6 lbs like that! The scale at my gym weighs me 4 lbs heavier than the one at home :grumble: I stoppes using it, it just depresses me! :drinker:
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    Im so proud of you. Way to go.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Yay for you!!! It's GREAT to be able to fit into smaller clothes!!!

I went clothes shopping today as well, just on ebay. Who knows if they'll fit?!? LOL
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Of COURSE they were flirting with you! Have you seen how pretty you are?????

Congratulations!
  • Amylynn
    Amylynn Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    good job:happy:
  • DjBliss05
    Options
    Of COURSE they were flirting with you! Have you seen how pretty you are?????

Congratulations!

Awww, you totally made me smile! :smile:

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

:flowerforyou:
  • HustleRose
    Options
    Aha. Oh, man.

I just bought the F6, too. Wore it to the gym and it tells me I burned 1100 calories. :noway:

Mind you, I was there like two and a half hours, and pushed really hard, but... woah?
  • DjBliss05
    Options
    Aha. Oh, man.

I just bought the F6, too. Wore it to the gym and it tells me I burned 1100 calories. :noway:

Mind you, I was there like two and a half hours, and pushed really hard, but... woah?

Wow, that is crazy.

My F6 is a little stingier, lol.
  • HustleRose
    Options
    :laugh:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!