I did it!!

j_g4ever
j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
First of all its really cold here in MN. I was really dreding (sp) putting my winter coat on. Last year unzipped it didn't stand a chance of fitting me. This year i tried it and I got it zipped and there was room to spare. :bigsmile:

secondly, I Went to target to try on pants I got into a size 16. They were lowrise so I didn't buy them but holy crap I fitted into a 16.

Then I called my husband at work. (note to self don't do that) and he asked what was for supper. I told him fish and fries (low calorie) and he said I was hoping to pick up a pizza on the way home. :grumble: I told him no and I can't be succesful if he isn't supporting me. I don't care if he eats it but I don't want him to offer it to me. :bigsmile: Im so proud of myself. Before I would have just eaten it. I think I grew a spine.

[img]'http://img2.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/sign/sign0026.gif[/img]

Replies

• j_g4ever
    First of all its really cold here in MN. I was really dreding (sp) putting my winter coat on. Last year unzipped it didn't stand a chance of fitting me. This year i tried it and I got it zipped and there was room to spare. :bigsmile:

secondly, I Went to target to try on pants I got into a size 16. They were lowrise so I didn't buy them but holy crap I fitted into a 16.

Then I called my husband at work. (note to self don't do that) and he asked what was for supper. I told him fish and fries (low calorie) and he said I was hoping to pick up a pizza on the way home. :grumble: I told him no and I can't be succesful if he isn't supporting me. I don't care if he eats it but I don't want him to offer it to me. :bigsmile: Im so proud of myself. Before I would have just eaten it. I think I grew a spine.

[img]'http://img2.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/sign/sign0026.gif[/img]
  • j_g4ever

sign0026.gif
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Well good for you Miss J!!!

I have no problem eating my fish whilst chunky....uh I mean DH eats his pizza. It took about a month for him to realize I was serious. He is much more supportive now.

He had one day were he just yelled at me " I NEED MEAT!" We still laugh about that. He told his buddies at work the next day and they made him get on the scale. HE had lost 11 pounds without even trying!

Since then no complaints. We agree on a pizza night every 2-3 weeks. Or I make it at home, then I KNOW whats in it!

WOO HOOO for loose pants and slidin' zippers!!!

(and sorry....it is 80 degrees here!)
  • Amylynn
    Amylynn Posts: 242 Member
    I know how you feel about the weather. I live in Wisconsin, so we get cold winters and snow here as well. It just snowed last night a little bit in fact. Good job on the weight loss.:happy:
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Nice work J! Keep it up!

:drinker: to you and "growing" that spine.
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Good job! My dh & I had a go round tonight about going out to Sonic for dinner. I already had beef veggie stew & biscuits made but he saw a commercial & wanted a giant shake...so I looked up the calories online & that shut him up. LOL Congrats on the new spine! I hope it holds up for a long, long time. :wink:

I live in Ohio & it is cold but no "s-word" yet. I refuse to say it...it might find me....
  • j_g4ever
    Don't worry the white stuff will come your way. Its here already. We are suppose to get more on friday. Say it with me s-n-o-w

anim_62.gif
  • gazellegirl
    gazellegirl Posts: 82 Member
    :flowerforyou:
    Congrats for standing up for yourself! I am also very proud of all your progress, new pants and a coat that zips, those are the things that make you smile. Keep up the great work.

as for the snow, I am in Western SD, we just had a nasty blizzard this week. We are still digging out :grumble:

However, I did spend an hour climbing the sledding hill today, that made for some nice calories burnt. I guess now we have a whole new way to work out, shoveling and sledding :happy: :laugh:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    GOOD FOR YOU! I'm a sucker for pizza :grumble:

Ahhhh snow. I'm in northern Manitoba and we have about a foot on the ground... and it's still comng down :grumble:
  • j_g4ever
    :flowerforyou:
    Congrats for standing up for yourself! I am also very proud of all your progress, new pants and a coat that zips, those are the things that make you smile. Keep up the great work.

as for the snow, I am in Western SD, we just had a nasty blizzard this week. We are still digging out :grumble:

However, I did spend an hour climbing the sledding hill today, that made for some nice calories burnt. I guess now we have a whole new way to work out, shoveling and sledding :happy: :laugh:

I love the snow. I always do the snow dance vs. the rain dance. I have always been a big snow person. I however don't have to drive to work. Im lucky and get to stay at home. While my husband drives an hour to get to work. :laugh: Im warming up now with some sugar free hot cocoa :drinker:
  • Oooo well done chicka on the sticking to your guns!! :flowerforyou:

I live up on Whitewater mountain (Nelson, BC) and it has been spewing here! I love snowwwww!!! :tongue:
  • Hey.. this is the weeknd of fitting into a size 16 at Target!

:happy:

Congrats... it is an awesome feeling, isn't it??

I wore my 16s today even though they are probably too tight, lol.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,937 Member
    Hey.. this is the weeknd of fitting into a size 16 at Target!

:happy:

Congrats... it is an awesome feeling, isn't it??

I wore my 16s today even though they are probably too tight, lol.

.....and I found they even stretch a bit after you wear them. Just don't wash 'em till next week and you'll fit into them :laugh:
  • DBranchaud
    DBranchaud Posts: 827 Member
    THUMBS UP!!!!!
  • Cassiet
    Cassiet Posts: 80 Member
    Good Job that's awesome

90958.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter

:smile:
  • :drinker:

ur a super woman
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Don't worry the white stuff will come your way. Its here already. We are suppose to get more on friday. Say it with me s-n-o-w

anim_62.gif

there was some on my truck this morning when I got up...you sent it to me!

Reading all these posts on here makes me really not want to move to Canada any more, though! That much snow already would be the death of me! Yowzer!
  • altazin0907
    altazin0907 Posts: 188 Member
    Congrats!!! :flowerforyou:
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Woooooohoooooooo!!!! :drinker: :drinker: That's awesome :flowerforyou: I feel ya on the growin a spine thing...my fiance can eat anything he wants and stays skinny...not fair Beating_A_Dead_Horse.gif And this past week was the week where he was off for 5 days......so while I loved spending the time with him, it was very tough to behave this past week :grumble: I allowed myself one day to say "screw the calorie thing" though. So I did better. He always says..."well just cause I eat doesn't mean you have to" :explode: ....Thanks for the support dear :tongue: But I'm getting better at it. And I'll eat my salad while he's eating his pizza :sad: :sad: :sad: :laugh:
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    One more thing.......(sorry to vent on your topic...but I think it relates).......I hate it when I allow myself a treat and he says "I thought you were on a diet" or "what happened to the healthy lifestyle" or "should you really be eating that" :explode: machinegunsmilie.gif

Yeah...say that again...wait come closer I can't hear you whack.gif

You go girl!! Keep up the good work :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
    th_smalldancingman.giffive.gifboogiesmilie.gifth_smalldancingman.gif

11_2_104.gif
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!