4 weeks until birthday - 28 days of madness

Options
With my birthday 4 weeks away (and with the realization I am probably going to miss my birthday goal weight), I have developed a 28 day sprint to the finish with hopes of dropping 15 lbs. Here are my goals:

1 - In bed every night by 9:00
2 - Up every morning by 5:30
3 - 1,350 calorie daily max
4 - Follow the same weekly schedule through four cycles:

Sunday - 20 mins treadmill, 60 reps of arm exercises, 20 mins elliptical, 60 reps of arm exercises, 20 mins of stairmaster, 60 reps of arms exercises (with a 1/8th mile lap walk around the track between sections, this workout will last between 90-100 minutes)

Monday - Same as above, but replace the arm exercises with 10 minute sessions alternating between jumping rope, pushing a sled and throwing sandbags

Tuesday - Same as Sunday, but replace "arm" with "back and shoulder" exercises

Wednesday - Same as Monday

Thursday - Same as Sunday, but replace "arm" with "chest" exercises

Friday - Same as Monday and Wednesday

Saturday - 4 miles on the treadmill

Shooting for 10-11 hours per week in the gym and will probably have a net calorie intake of less than 200-300/day. Probably not the healthiest approach, but I'm shooting to see how much I can drop in 4 weeks.

Replies

• fastbelly
    fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Include at least one rest day. I know its a sprint but without proper rest you won't perform and will eventually get to a complete stop. Your rest day can be a slow walk around the area for an hour or so, something that will still loose you some calories but will not be too hard, or you can just stay home and rest.
  • ShampooIsBetter
    Options
    I refuse to do a day of rest. Today will be 99 days in a row of working out without a day of rest. I consider Saturdays to be my day of rest because all I do is an hour on the treadmill.
  • femmerides
    femmerides Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I refuse to do a day of rest. Today will be 99 days in a row of working out without a day of rest. I consider Saturdays to be my day of rest because all I do is an hour on the treadmill.

i'm the same way. i usually work out every day but i have one "easy" day of walking or a short run. i'm doing a bit of a sprint too for the next 28 days. i'm frustrated with my plateau so i'm going to work SUPER hard. good luck!