What would you order at this restaurant?

Options
I'm going here Saturday with a group of friends, and have no idea what I might order to stay around 1400-1700 calories for the day (depending on exercise).

From this menu: http://almanovehingham.com/dinner.html

What would you order?

Replies

• Mom2rh
    Mom2rh Posts: 612
    Options
    I am salivating just reading the menu. Yummmmm

I'd probably get the beet salad and the swordfish. They had me at lobster mashed potatoes!
  • babydull
    babydull Posts: 727 Member
    Options

I'd probably get the beet salad and the swordfish. They had me at lobster mashed potatoes!

I'd do similar, but I'd skip the starter and also add garlicy spinach and asparagus!
    Dessert's difficult though, so I'd probably skip that too and have a coffee instead.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    There is an option to email the restaurant. Why not pose that question to the chef? They are his specialties. He could help you choose the best meal for you if you ask respectfully.
  • srtiemann
    srtiemann Posts: 76
    Options
    Nice menu!

I would order either the grilled fish or chicken. Salad's are always nice but get the dressing on the side and only use a little.
  • mariapuhl
    mariapuhl Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I'd get just this... "Wood-grilled calamari, arugula, oven-dried tomato, lemon-caper vinaigrette" because I'm a sucker for calamari. Haha.
  • sent4rmabove23
    Options
    I'd probaby get the beef carpaccio
  • mymelody_78
    mymelody_78 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I think this is Donnie & Mark Wahlberg's brother's restaurant! I heard the food is great! I would probably get the Chicken and the Wood Grilled Mushrooms! Yum!
  • KarenHarper71
    Options
    Depends if you're having a start or dessert as well but though

Basil linguini, sautéed lobster, sweet peas, alla carbonara

Atlantic salmon, golden potato puree, rhubarb vinaigrette, radish salad

Have what you fancy if you don't go out very often just do some extra walking or seimming or something

Have a fab night :-0) x
  • Just_Bethy
    Just_Bethy Posts: 272
    Options
    Atlantic salmon, golden potato puree, rhubarb vinaigrette, radish salad 24

NOM NOM NOM!!!!!!!!!! Have a fab dinner!!!!!
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Mediterranean chopped salad, tomato, kalamata olive, cucumber, red pepper, sweet onion,

Bulgarian feta, preserved lemon, olive oil 9

Center-cut pork chop, cherry BBQ, cumin scented sweet potato puree, roasted corn relish 24*
    All of these foods sound terribly rich. Get what you want and try not to over eat. Exercise you bum off that day and the day before also limit your calories on lunch and breakfast and you should be good.

If you get a dessert share it with someone.
  • CaptainAmerica1970
    Options
    Who is buying? there are no prices! If you have to ask then perhaps you can not afford it.
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    It's the Wahlberg restaurant! I'm jealous.

I would get the homemade gnocchi with wild mushrooms and the garlicky spinach on the side and mix it in. :P

Not the healthy way to go, but hey, you asked what I'd get.
  • Sqirral
    Sqirral Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Eat wisely all day, choose wisely, enjoy your dinner knowing you have to be right back on the wagon tomorrow and don't beat yourself up. Know what you want before you go and confidently order asking for your adjustments. Restaurants like this generally gladly accommodate your requests unless it is a factor that "makes" the entree.

*Mediterranean chopped salad, tomato, kalamata olive, cucumber, red pepper, sweet onion,

Bulgarian feta, preserved lemon, olive oil 9 - ask them to put the feta on the side or go light.

*Garganelli with Ragu’ Bolognese 19 (available in half order - although kind of expensive for spaghetti - LOL!) this may have some veal, pork, etc - but should be minimal in the sauce)

or

*Wood-grilled Bell & Evans chicken, porcini polenta cake, onion jam 22
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Who is buying? there are no prices! If you have to ask then perhaps you can not afford it.
    The prices are the numbers after each thing.

If you want to be "good", probably these:
    appetizers: calamari or oysters
    salad: Caprese
    entree: salmon

If you don't care about being good (it's just 1 meal, right??):
    it AAAAAALLLLLLL looks good!! You could get the 1/2 order of the Primi things, and still "have room" for dessert.
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I think this is Donnie & Mark Wahlberg's brother's restaurant! I heard the food is great! I would probably get the Chicken and the Wood Grilled Mushrooms! Yum!

Yes, Donnie & Mark are co-owners, and Paul W. is the head chef. One of the friends I'm going with is desperately hoping we might see Mark there. LOL.
  • karensoxfan
    Options

The lobster mashed potatoes caught my eye too, but the Secondi's can't be ordered in half-portion size. I might order a half-portion Primi, and get an order of lobster mashed potatoes on the side. Decisions, decisions!
  • karensoxfan
    Options
    Depends if you're having a start or dessert as well but though

Basil linguini, sautéed lobster, sweet peas, alla carbonara

Atlantic salmon, golden potato puree, rhubarb vinaigrette, radish salad

Have what you fancy if you don't go out very often just do some extra walking or seimming or something

Have a fab night :-0) x

That carbonara definitely caught my eye. :)
  • nelson07192000
    nelson07192000 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would order the salmon, substitute the asparagus and spinach for the original sides.
  • karensoxfan
    Options
    All of these foods sound terribly rich. Get what you want and try not to over eat. Exercise you bum off that day and the day before also limit your calories on lunch and breakfast and you should be good.

If you get a dessert share it with someone.

Oh yes, any desserts would definitely be shared. There's a group of 10 people going (5 couples), so for appetizers & desserts, there's usually lots of sharing.

For me, I think there will also be lots of water-drinking.

I haven't figured out the exercise thing yet b/c I just started a 30-day plan that has me doing 5 consecutive days this week (started today), with 2 rest days (Sat/Sun). I thought about just moving my Friday workout to Saturday, but it's Yoga, so probably not very calorie-burning. I'm thinking maybe I'll take a 3-mile walk Saturday and/or Sunday instead?
  • rowbseat13
    rowbseat13 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I'd eat very, very sensibly for the rest of the day and get whatever I wanted. I am a SUCKER for a good restaurant meal. Kudos for having more willpower than I do. ;)