Apple Cider Vinegar

Options
So, I hear a lot of talk about this stuff and how it helps lose weight. Of course, I know that the sure way to lose weight is to exercise and eat healthy BUT I am still curious as to if this actually works. I have seen reviews of this and I heard that it is good for body aches, joint pains, sinuses, headaches, and extremely good for the heart. How about weightloss? Any testimonials?

Replies

• Jeneba
    Jeneba Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Doesn't it kinda sound wayyyyyyy too good to be true?
  • CaptainAmerica1970
    Options
    I use it!
  • tigersmoondiva
    tigersmoondiva Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I use it. It's not a miracle - you (obviously) still have to really watch your diet but - it helps calm your appetite. (As a warning - it made me nauseous the first 3 days or so - now it's kind of like drinking pickle juice.)
  • jazz0113
    jazz0113 Posts: 1
    Options
    My co worker takes a table spoon after each meal and she has loss a lot of weight, she also exercises though. I tried but it gives me heart burn. You should try it, it might be a hit for you.
  • unmitigatedbadassery
    unmitigatedbadassery Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    My mom swore by it for a while. I don't know how much of the weight loss was the vinegar or the cancer. I have some other family that have tried it but they are no longer doing it so I don't really know. I'm sorry I didn't have any real information for you. Good luck!

From a culinary standpoint - apple cider vinegar is very good as an alternative to fatty/hi-cal salad dressings.
  • deenanna
    deenanna Posts: 39
    Options
    I don't know about the weight loss, but sinus issues, and arthritis is greatly improved with it. I guess it could cause weight loss if you drank it instead of soda... or if you drank so much that you began to vomit. I think I'll stick to using it for sinus issues.
  • datzun
    datzun Posts: 198
    Options
    I use it, but not for weight loss (although, I do think it's helped). I use it for my skin (both as a topical and in pill form).
  • MaryS910
    MaryS910 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    ACV works in many ways but I think one of the things that it does as far as weight loss is that it helps you get rid of excess fluid that you have retained.
  • aray379
    aray379 Posts: 131
    Options
    It is very good for you and can help with a lot of problems including digestive ones. It has been said to help weight loss. I use to drink it with water as did my mom. It helped her with all of her digestive issues instead of taking medicine for heart burn or acid reflux she used that. However, I didn' stick with it because it tastes disgusting haha. I think there are pill forms now.
  • bookyeti
    bookyeti Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    It's known to slow the rise of blood sugar after a meal and therefore reduces the amount of insulin required to process that meal.
  • Soulbird81
    Soulbird81 Posts: 86
    Options
    Definitely give it a try :0D

I began using it up to 3 times daily in my water about 20 minutes before I eat breakfast, lunch, and supper. Because I follow a clean food lifestyle it helps to not have a grumbly tummy as well. I cannot say for sure if it helped my weight loss because I used it in connection with a clean diet and 6 days of exercise and the daily requirement of water but I have several friends who compete in the world of fitness and binkini competitions as pros and they swear by it so I will definitely keep at it.

I can tell you it tastes awful, there is no way around that, it is vinegar after all. But Bragg's brand is the best I've tried. You want to make sure you get that or one that is labeled as "from the mother" because that is where the most nutrients are. Also, make sure you shake the bottle well each time. It is cheap and can be found at any natural food store or grocery chain (in the vinegar aisle). One bottle of Bragg's will last you quiet some time also. There is a recipe on the back label that is supposed to make it taste better, although I have yet to try it. I simple chug it and get it over with, lol.
  • Soulbird81
    Soulbird81 Posts: 86
    Options
    Oh and yes, there are pill form as well, however the pill form does not have the same nutritional value that the liquid form does :wink:
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    So, I hear a lot of talk about this stuff and how it helps lose weight. Of course, I know that the sure way to lose weight is to exercise and eat healthy BUT I am still curious as to if this actually works. I have seen reviews of this and I heard that it is good for body aches, joint pains, sinuses, headaches, and extremely good for the heart. How about weightloss? Any testimonials?

And tastes disgusting !!!!!!!!!!!! :sick:
  • JennieD2
    JennieD2 Posts: 66
    Options
    I have heard of this but it is recommended that you get the unfiltered unpasteurised variety. :sick: As to whether it works? Well it does sound too good to be true. Quick fixes are never the way to go. Stick with the exercise and calorie counting :happy:
  • Nanadena
    Nanadena Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon capsules work really well also. I take them and they got me back into my Levi 501's! But the vinegar is so good for you in many ways.
  • Nanadena
    Nanadena Posts: 739 Member
    Options

And tastes disgusting !!!!!!!!!!!! :sick:

Mix it with some water and I think it tastes really good!
  • treehugginpam
    treehugginpam Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    I use it, but more for the health benefits than the weight loss. I follow the "recipe" on the Bragg's bottle and do 8 oz of water with 2 teaspoons of vinegar and 1 teaspoon of honey. I actually really like the taste! I'm a fan of sour/bitter stuff though (I like to eat pickled garlic, just as an example), so I'm probably not the most reliable source about the taste. :smile: I do think that the teaspoon of honey makes it taste better though, and honey has its own health benefits too so it's a win win!
  • SweetPrettyBrown
    SweetPrettyBrown Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks you guys. I tried some last night and boy it was so hard to swallow lmfao It has a strong acidic taste and it was just awful tasting. I mixed it with grape juice. I brushed my teeth afterwards because of the horrible smell and because i heard that it could damage your teeth (i also drank it through a straw). Maybe tonight I will drink it with water, and some honey. I also bought the Braggs kind of GNC with the "mother" in it. Thanks for the replies, I am going to continue this and see if it works. Even if it only helps with my digestive system and not weightloss that is fine, I will keep taking it.