Enough Is Enough

Options
Hi everyone my name is Stacie and I am 28 years old and I just started using MFP last week. I have been struggling with my weight on and off for 9 years now, I had managed to lose 20 pounds last year after I realized I had moved from slightly overweight to really overweight and much to my surprise I have been able to keep that weight off, but there is still much more work to do. My goal is to lose 130 pounds which is a huge number that scares me (it's like losing a whole other person) so I set smaller goals for myself like right now I am aiming for 25 pounds and I am 7 pounds into that right now (although my ticker only shows 2 pounds, I had lost 5 pounds the week before I started here). My ultimate goal is to loose all this weight before my 30th Birthday which gives me 14 months to do so. I just want to feel good about myself :smile:

Replies

• gigipamw
    gigipamw Posts: 7
    Options
    Good luck on your journey. You can do this! :wink:
  • MedievalFreak
    Options
    I also have more than 100lbs to lose! Lets do it together. Ill send you a friend request.

100lbs scares me, but it's not so bad if I just take it 10lbs at a time!
  • dedewarren
    Options
    You're smart to start now! I am going to be 50 in a couple of years and I sold have started when I was your age. Admittedly I don't have as much to lose as you, but don't let that make you feel bad. My age will effect my results, and you will actually be able to lose the weight much better than I will.

Enough is enough for me too! I am starting today! I just joined this site and I will meet my exercise goal today (60 minutes) and will track my food. One step at a time, we both can do this! Good luck!!
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have an excellent plan to reach your goal. It's a tough journey. I get lazy and often. It's so much easier to sit on the couch and to eat what ever I want. But I know in the end that I am the only person to blame if I don't reach me goal. I want to be fit and to be healthier....I ate myself to being overweight so now I get to bust my *kitten* to get rid of it all!

So, let's do this!! :):):)
  • nessaluv05
    nessaluv05 Posts: 10
    Options
    Yes, it is easier to lose weight when you set smaller goals for yourself...that's what I have found works best for me anyway! Such motivation to read this. I am so happy that you are taking this journey for yourself. Please feel free to add me as a friend. We can keep each other motivated!! :)
  • StaceKaiman
    Options
    Thanks for all the positive vibes I am already feeling better about my Journey to a new me!